Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO.com 2010-2011 Squirrel Kill Thread

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
there is a small convenience store around the corner from my house. I was walking over there this evening for a couple frosty cold beverages when what do i see? 2, count them, 2 black squirrels sitting next to each other on a tree branch right above the sidewalk. i couldas reached up and grabbed them.

gonna have to be a bb gun and a stealth mission next week.

Last edited:

Matt

Norton, OH
Dude, if you want Black Skwerls, come visit me here at Kent State... a long time ago, a professor was doing research on em and brought in some trapped blackies from Canada. When he was finished with his study, he released them on the grounds. Now thanks to him, Portage County has a HUGE population of them and they are constantly spreading out further.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Dude, if you want Black Skwerls, come visit me here at Kent State... a long time ago, a professor was doing research on em and brought in some trapped blackies from Canada. When he was finished with his study, he released them on the grounds. Now thanks to him, Portage County has a HUGE population of them and they are constantly spreading out further.

I had three guys I graduated with that went to Kent. That was the first time I saw a black squirrel. I wasn't sure if it was a squirrel or a kitten.

I guess they are protected too.

Matt

Norton, OH
I had three guys I graduated with that went to Kent. That was the first time I saw a black squirrel. I wasn't sure if it was a squirrel or a kitten.

I guess they are protected too.

Only on campus. ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm not sure how they started here but a few years ago we had more then what we have now. Seems they have thined out a bit over the past 3-4 years. I want a white one :)

Buckmaster

Portage

Same at Hiram College and surrounding area.

2 Fox squirrels tonight
But ..... I also missed several

But my excuse , I was hunting with my scoped 10" Ruger MkII pistol

Not a good excuse , as it is a tack driver
I am the week link

John

badger

*Supporting Member*
Not sure how many I'm up to so far, but I added three more tonight.

I picked up this Ithica for $100 even with a slug barrel. I carried it last year in Coshocton during gun season but never got a shot. It shoots cheap Federals' pretty good out to 80 yrds.

I swapped the barrels tonight and grabbed some #6's and got these three. I did miss a rabbit, seen three more, and lots more squirrels. On the way in I had a big doe and some fawns at 30 yrds standing like targets. Too bad it wasn't Monday!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Finally got to try the gambrel out. This is the first time since I started bunting squirrels when I was a kid that they weren't covered with fur after cleaning them. First squirrel got with the first shot but the next played with me for about fifteen minutes before I connected on the fourth shot lol.IMG_20160114_114920799_HDR.jpg