Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO.com now on Facebook

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I need to do a better job promoting our FB page. Any suggestions? I'm considering a weekly link to a "hot thread" and also a weekly YouTube link to member/sponsor videos. What else would be a good idea as far as increasing FB fans and TOO membership?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looking at the traffic stats from FB to TOO, you can see where something has been posted and what that does for TOO traffic.

73.5% of our traffic is direct meaning someone typed the URL or followed a bookmark.
8.5% of our traffic is from Search Engines.

17.62% of our traffic is from Referring sites. Ie. Facebook. AT, and a couple other sites where someone followed a link to us. But mostly FB..

FB.JPG

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
If you posted pics of every buck killed by a TOO member....1 pic/teaser story intro per week... with a link to the story thread on TOO, I would think that after about 10 weeks you could get some pretty good traffic from it. Deer hunters love to see bucks and read the stories. If friends and fans of TOO shared it each week you'd hit a bunch of people. They see a few stories and link to them, next thing you know they are hooked on checking in here to see what's up with Swantucky new sayings, Jackalope's adventures with the ladies, and Tracie's streak of 50 years in a row killing deer.

I think it'd work. may not blow up like crazy, but it's a thought.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you posted pics of every buck killed by a TOO member....1 pic/teaser story intro per week... with a link to the story thread on TOO, I would think that after about 10 weeks you could get some pretty good traffic from it. Deer hunters love to see bucks and read the stories. If friends and fans of TOO shared it each week you'd hit a bunch of people. They see a few stories and link to them, next thing you know they are hooked on checking in here to see what's up with Swantucky new sayings, Jackalope's adventures with the ladies, and Tracie's streak of 50 years in a row killing deer.

I think it'd work. may not blow up like crazy, but it's a thought.

Agreed! I have ton of contacts to refer to the page and if they see great bucks being killed (and we have enough of them here) it will be hook line and sinker.

rrr

Jackalope....

I knows a thing bout facebook or two we need to chat and get this shit figured out. It's not like I run marketing for a non-profit or anything....we could easily do some social networking scheming

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Come on guys, this is a free marketing place, post some pictures, like the page, etc. Every little bit will help...TOO TOO THE TOP!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
How do you post pics into an album on there? I know how to do it on my profile page, but I don't see a place to publish pics in the harvest album.
If it can't be done, maybe they can be copied for our dead deerz wall thread or something? Just a thought.

I know you can post a pic on the wall, but i thought maybe we could post into an existing album.

rrr

Mike,

I don't think there's a way around that. Feel free to email me the pictures (irwinsa1@gcc.edu) and I will post 'em for ya. I plan on pulled a few of the gooder ones and posting 'em!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Since we've been getting lots and lots of new members lately I thought I'd bump this back up. If you're a new member to the site, and if you're on Facebook, please "like" the TOO Facebook page and if it's not TOO much trouble to ask, tell your other friends about us TOO!!

Search: TheOhioOutdoors

Thanks!! :smiley_cheers:

Huckleberry Finn

Since we've been getting lots and lots of new members lately I thought I'd bump this back up. If you're a new member to the site, and if you're on Facebook, please "like" the TOO Facebook page and if it's not TOO much trouble to ask, tell your other friends about us TOO!!

Search: TheOhioOutdoors

Thanks!! :smiley_cheers:

I saw someone 'like' our page this evening that has been on TOO for years...just a friendly bump for anyone else new.