Keep em coming Bankfish, you have a great start to the season!
On our end everything is coming along nicely. That heat last week helped and I was able to water just enough to help. No complaints except the corn at home is weeks behind the open field ones at the property. Got about 50% with tassels and ears there, most haven't developed a tassel at home.
Most of the property corn has pollinated and the coons have started in. Hoping to get just a few ears🖕
- Ran some twine on the hilbilly trellis for the couple cukes to climb.
- Big tomatoes are doing well and the cherries are surviving but are of dwarf size currently lol. Both are getting the florida weave treatment for support.
- 1watermelon transplant got scorched but other 3 are taking hold and growing well.
- 2 rows of 3 for both Ty n Myles's school sunflowers, which are starting to take hold which is a huge/nice surprise.
- Really need to get pumpkins in.
Realizing now that I have too many tomato plants in a small space. Will be tough getting to all of them once they turn ripe as the rows are chocked full of branches and stems. Every pepper plant from the early planting has at least 2 peppers on them and many more forming. Had my first yellow hungarian on a burger the other night, was perfect! No ripe tomatoes yet, couple cherry tomatoes getting close.
Good morning at the property garden:
- Got 2.5 rows/24 Diablo Pumpkin seeds in.
- Ran the twine on the playground trellis foe the cucumbers on one side and put in 9 beans on the other.
- cleaned up all the lower branches and suckered on both tomatoe sets.
- added another row of twine on both tomatoe sets
- redirected the watwermelon vines
- counted around 45 ears of corn
- watered everything
Pumpkins started to bloom, beans growing good and the Roma tomatoes looking good. This garden spot was kinda a spur of the moment thing this year. Ain't doing too bad. Gotta get to the garden at the farm to check it. Might have some beans ready there.
Got 90% stood back up, hopefully calm rest of night and tomorrow for it to regroup. It was almost all 2nd planting, 1st planting held strong. A little boot scraping and pressing is all its gonna get. Thought about stakes n twine, bump it, im drenched and ready for a shower after cleaning up the big stuff.
I had to do the old "scrape and stomp" method last weekend. Everything survived thankfully. It tried to do it again tonight, but the wind died down just in time for a good rain. I should have a bunch of stuff to pick this coming week.