Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Garden Thread

Bankfish

Beans getting canned today. Ocra starting to take off.
20200816_113419.jpg
20200816_105229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tomatoes this weekend for sure, looks like I'll have them coming out of my ears. Will be doing some sauces as well as simple stewed tomatoes. Pretty good amount of peppers too so probably will look at making the hot pepper mustard soon. Cucumbers are about done, may get a couple pints yet but my 3 main mounds are already browned and dying off.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The fruits of labor and love. View attachment 107685View attachment 107686

Is that all 35lbs? Looks like you did a mix of whole and snapped? More info please, I'm going to have a bug pantry to fill next season and beans are a must have. We have been keeping the ones at home picked enouhh so they keep going but we are only eating fresh right now. Would like to have both frozen and jarred next year.....spill the beans on how you do your beans bankfish.

Bankfish

No, not all 35lbs. Wife wanted to make I'm a homo beans, those are in pint jars. Pretty much dill pickled beans. Canned beans are in qt jars. One qt jar she did with whole beans instead of breaking em. They look pretty she says. Lol.
We can ours by snapping, washing and stuffing in hot jars. Add tsp of salt. Rings and caps are in hot water also. Fill with hot water, wipe jar rims off, put cap and ring on, finger tight. Pressure canned for 25min at 10psi.
Doing the other basket after work today. Never ending it seems.