Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Muzzy Hunt - Salt Fork - January 7, 2023

Ohio
Any idea on who thinks they would be in for this hunt? Also, preference on hunting style? Sit the AM and put on drives the rest of the day?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Any idea on who thinks they would be in for this hunt? Also, preference on hunting style? Sit the AM and put on drives the rest of the day?
No sitting, all driving. In the past, we've arrived at daylight, set up the drive(s) that would get us to lunch, eat lunch, drive until near last light and most guys are on the road before dark. We done as many as 3 drives, as few as one massive still hunt with multiple walkers and standers.

I will be there and will have a buddy or two.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
So we are thinking centralized salt fork. Have a couple different places we could set up as “base camp”. We can either do my house or I have a few buddies off of old 21 by the reservoir/spillway. Plenty of decent parking and plenty of space to put on decent drives. Up near the spillway at salt fork would probably be best because we can bounce around a bit more with less confusion. Put on 3/4 drives til lunch and finish driving the bottoms in the afternoon if we’d like. Deer pop is always solid there even though it gets absolutely gutted during gun. Very familiar with that particular part of salt fork. Mr. Lee’s restaurant is about ten minutes from there and has all the food and fixins we would need for grown men but I may be able to coordinate this with a good buddy of mine, Mike Paisley and may convince the guy to use his house for coffee and camp so to speak, as he lives a couple hundred yards from salt fork.