Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

Fletch

Supporting Member
Can't get them all Chad... I just took a walk to check out a spot in Jersey by my house... Remember hunting is done at 12, so I'm only scouting... Got in the woodd and hit the mouth call.. GOBBLE GOBBLE about 200 yds out the ridge.. Took a piss and hit the call again.. GOBBLE GOBBLE about 75 yds out behind some cedars... Fugger is comming quick... I got out of there fast and left him gobbling... Probably thinking,,, OK I know there's a horny hen here somewhere.... What she have a headache now?? Yesterday I couldn't buy a gooble....

Schu72

Streetsboro
Anyone else noticing a lot of beat up fans? Mina and the boy's both had broken tail feathers. Several of the other birds we saw fanning were beat up as well. Never noticed this many in years past.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Dustin.... Jersey is F-ed up... Turkey Hunting is by zones and week long periods... For this week I have a permit for another zone which is about a 1/4 mile away.... Getting truck worked on tomorrow so may go get a permit for Thurs. and Fri. We'll see what the weather is like....

Reactions: Dustinb80

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well. Let's go get embarrassed by some ridiculous bird with the brain the size of a pea. I bought my license and tag. Hopefully I can at least hear some birds and enjoy God's creation this morning. Shooting a bird? That would be cool too. Given my luck with turkeys. . . .I fully expect the unexpected. haha

Reactions: Fletch

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gobbled on roost like mad. Stopped counting at 60. Probably 80-100 gobbles on roost. Only 2-3 on ground. 5 hens. 2 Tom's. One was real vocal with the other chiming in on occasion while on roost. I'm guessing the mouthy one was the one in and out of full strut all morning. Other just hung back and watched. At 200yds out, I pretty much only got to watch as well. Oh well. Good to be in the woods.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Congrats to all those who have had enjoyable hunts! This is the only bad part of our NE OH counties being delayed...watching you all enjoy the hunts 😂

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Neighbor kid put his blind in there field today so he must be seeing them again. I usually cut him off since they roost where I hunt. He's got the jump on me I won't be out til Saturday. Still haven't been hearing them over there.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Neighbor kid put his blind in there field today so he must be seeing them again. I usually cut him off since they roost where I hunt. He's got the jump on me I won't be out til Saturday. Still haven't been hearing them over there.
Make that squatch sing🦃🦃