Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Report '18

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've spent the last two mornings watching and listening to a big rascal. If I was one to bushwhack a gobbler, he'd be dead. As is, my tag and his head are both intact. He likes to gobble, I hope he survives the weekend.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm sitting here in the blind with the boy hoping one of the three longbeards I saw Thurs at 8 am , Thurs at 530 pm , and yesterday at 430 pm are back out here . I did not get to look yesterday morning . New job makes it tough to scout . But I had to take personal time Thurs morning to put Kai on the bus cause Jess had training and had to be in early .

Been 2 big strutters together , and a satellite 2 yr old I'd guess . Hopefully he gets one . , Or better yet he gets one , and his buddy lingers so we can double . .

Good luck those who are out

Reactions: bigten05

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I've just about given up on turkeys this year.... Coming back from grocery shopping I look down the tracks and here comes the 4 amigos... Its 12 PM and their gobbling their heads off too... Guess I got to go to Wally world later and buy a permit for tomorrow morning... (permits are valid for only a week).... Going tonight and see if they talk when they fly up.....

4 amigos.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Man we had some crazy hints this morning. Went to a spot with my brother that we hadn't hunted yet got there and 5 birds gobbling where I thought they would be. We set up and not long here comes 2 toms and a hen they hang up at 70 yards for an hour strutting and carrying on. They turn and head up the hill and we grab the decoy and go after them. We got back within what we thought was 55 yards or so and they started moving away quick so we jump up and shoot. I walked it off at 68 yards. One kinda struggled to get going but we never found him so I think he's fine. We knew it was a hell of a poke but we didn't just crawl thru the woods 100 yards to let them leave without getting shot at. On the way back I said we should run down by this public and see if anything is out in the fields. We drive by and 4 are running across the road I turn around and park. We ran back to the fence row I called and they all gobbled we set down and 2 minutes later all 4 were in front us us. They were a little far but we took the shot the one I shot fell right over and my brother missed again walked it off at , 63 yards . So we messed up on 2 doubles within 20 minutes of each other. One of the craziest mornings I've had turkey hunting.