Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Torn

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm pretty sure that I tore my right rear rotator cuff this afternoon:smiley_baby: (incline dumbbell bench). I felt the pop and burn. The damn ER did nothing for me so I have an appointment with my doc and then a MRI tomorrow. Think good thoughts guys...I think this is the one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm pretty sure that I tore my right rear rotator cuff this afternoon:smiley_baby: (incline dumbbell bench). I felt the pop and burn. The damn ER did nothing for me so I have an appointment with my doc and then a MRI tomorrow. Think good thoughts guys...I think this is the one.

Oooooooooohhhh that's not good, bro. Rotator cuff injuries are pretty difficult to deal with. Hopefully it's not as bad as you think it is, but I would be expecting lots of ice, rest, and eventually a ton of physical therapy. I blew mine out freshmen year of college and it was not fun. I've never done so many girly dumbell raises and band exercises in my life! It was worth it, though... to this day, it's my left shoulder that gives me troubles, not the right (which is the one I injured and rehabbed). Good luck, Mike.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thanks guys. Man, I can actually lift my shoulder over my head. This may not be as bad as I thought. We'll see tomorrow.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck Mike. Hope it is nothing serious and you can get back up and running pretty quick.

I'm like JBrown. I tore my right one up pretty good while unloading #80 bags of concrete years ago. Spent plenty of days in rehab and I must say...#10 dumbbells can be the heaviest thing you will ever lift doing this course lol. Isolating a single muscle and making it do the work sucks but like JB I have more problems with my left shoulder then the torn one now.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have two small tears in both of my shoulders from over doing it at the gym. I do shoulder work with very light weight now, and one thing I stopped doing was bench press with the straight bar. I do all free weight work now, and it has made a difference.

Best thing to strengthen your shoudlers is to use free weights, and use light weight while doing it. It will build your shoulders I promise. I do 3 excercises for my shoulders besides shrugs with maybe 20lb dumb bells and my shoulders are great. Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thanks for the good vibes. My shoulder is fine. Doc thinks my shoulder started to dislocate. I have full range of motion with a little soreness. My lower back, however is screwed. I helped some unload a lawnmower and I absolutely fugged up my back. I turn 38 and all hell breaks loose. We'll see what the xrays tell.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the good vibes. My shoulder is fine. Doc thinks my shoulder started to dislocate. I have full range of motion with a little soreness. My lower back, however is screwed. I helped some unload a lawnmower and I absolutely fugged up my back. I turn 38 and all hell breaks loose. We'll see what the xrays tell.

Sounds like it is time for you to just hang it up, collect disability and live off the system like the other half lives. lmao