Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tornado touchdowns- Hang on fellas

epe

Lancaster
Lost power for 5 hours the other night, was too lazy to hook up the generator. Going to get it ready tonight.

sent from my HTC evo

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Can anyone.remember a worse spring storm wise???? And all this rain.... I've been back in Ohio since 89 and I think this year has been about the worst.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Can anyone.remember a worse spring storm wise???? And all this rain.... I've been back in Ohio since 89 and I think this year has been about the worst.....

Not that I can remember J

I know we have had other springs where we have had a bunch of rain all at once and flooded but never had it go this long or this severe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In the 14 yrs we have been in business I have never had to deal with it like this until now. Sure, you have some weeks that are tough to get work done. Maybe even a couple in a row. Never seen 2 full months where every single week was like this.

Personally, I have been thinking of blaming Drake. I think this crap is following him around. Every night for 3 in a row I think he has showed up and caused this mess. Tornadoes on Mon and Wed? Geesh!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
In the 14 yrs we have been in business I have never had to deal with it like this until now. Sure, you have some weeks that are tough to get work done. Maybe even a couple in a row. Never seen 2 full months where every single week was like this.

Personally, I have been thinking of blaming Drake. I think this crap is following him around. Every night for 3 in a row I think he has showed up and caused this mess. Tornadoes on Mon and Wed? Geesh!

Only one way to prove out this theory... guess I will have to take a day off! Lol seriously though... as soon as I pulled in tonight the crap started!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like more storms, but not as intense according to our local 11 o'clock news. I could use half a day of clear skies. Preferably a full day though.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Basement got flooded due to a plugged storm drain, and just finished loading all our furnaces and A/Cs that we have in stock on the elevator to get them to higher ground in case the river beside the shop decides to flood again. :smiley_blackeye:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Got this pic sent to me last night from Findlay, just North of me.

hail_findlay.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
We got almost 5" of rain yesterday and last night! That is after getting 2-1/2" on Tuesday. Hell, there is more rain coming at us right now. Fugging bullshit.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
We got almost 5" of rain yesterday and last night! That is after getting 2-1/2" on Tuesday. Hell, there is more rain coming at us right now. Fugging bullshit.

So tell me how ironic this is. I just recently purchased a pair of waders to start fly fishing this summer. I can't use them because there is to much rain. :smiley_depressive:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I think I need to rethink my plan that I was told to do if a Tornado hits the area. We were told to go under the Rig to the area with the largest beems and tie ourselves off to them. Based on the below photo's I am not to sure!

This was a rig that is similar to the one I am on. It was the Catus Rig 117 in Oaklahoma that got hit a few days ago by a Tornado!

:smiley_chinrub: :smiley_couch: