Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tornado tragedy

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Is this wrong?

My wife doesn't get why I said "I can't believe the destruction from the tornadoes. It is just terrible! What a tragedy."

Wife states, "I don't get you. A few hundred people die in a tornado and you think it is a tragedy, but thousands die in the tsunami and you don't even care? You had no compassion for the tsunami victims at all."

My reply, "They were not Americans. It did not happen on our soil."

Now don't get me wrong. It was a terrible thing that happened to many innocent people in the tsunami. Just not AS terrible as a tornado on our soil. Is this wrong?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's not wrong... You are right to feel the way you do... You don't care about their problems, they didn't care about Katrina and only sent 200k in relief.. Nor will they care about the tornadoes. So don;t feel bad..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't feel bad. Just good to know I am not alone.

Jackalope- Was your family safe that way? Not sure if you still had family down there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Immediate family is all ok as they are all towards the gulf. southern Al, Ms, La. Had some extended family with damage but no loss of life that we know of yet. (2nd cousin twice removed kind of extended) my new brother in law has family in northern Al, Ms, but I haven't talked with my sister yet to see what's up there.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Immediate family is all ok as they are all towards the gulf. southern Al, Ms, La. Had some extended family with damage but no loss of life that we know of yet. (2nd cousin twice removed kind of extended) my new brother in law has family in northern Al, Ms, but I haven't talked with my sister yet to see what's up there.

Hope everything is OK Joe!

why is it our country can send millions to other countries to help them , but cant help thier own here in the states , just think of what that money could do to help homeless , tornado victims , red cross , it just blows my freakin mind

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
why is it our country can send millions to other countries to help them , but cant help thier own here in the states , just think of what that money could do to help homeless , tornado victims , red cross , it just blows my freakin mind

Umm. . . we do spend billions on stuff like this. The Red Cross doesn't need money from the government either. They just need to figure out how to quit spending 50+% of their money on "administrative costs" such as CEO's that make millions. The President did declare a state of emergency (or was it disaster?) for at least one of the states I heard. I don't think that means "Yep, it's a disaster down there." I am pretty sure that equates to dollars being sent there along with possible military aide.

tuffshot

The Crew
Unbelievable isn't it? I couldn't give a crap about some fruity English people getting married. Does anybody remember that we left that place to start our own country?

Then we kicked their ruling class asses back out, bailed them out of war after war, I think they still owe us money from the second time.

Back to the origional subject, the news media is not throwing out the crap about all of those poor victims and how little help they are getting from the government.
A lot more states have been impacted by the tornadoes this season, where is the after effect coverage?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Back to the origional subject, the news media is not throwing out the crap about all of those poor victims and how little help they are getting from the government.

Bush caused these tornadoes didn't he?