Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tough season for my GlenDel deer target

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Some of you have seen or heard about my target but most prolly haven’t but only because I can’t figure out how to share a video file now that I’m done with photobucket. I tried creating a youtube acct but my wife’s phone is dedicated to our only email acct soooo I just said screw it. If someone wants to post it for me here so everyone can watch the video in its entirety I’d be happy to text it to them.
Anywho, this past November 8th around noon while I was working my GlenDel deer target got blown up by a solid mature 130” 8 point not 15 yards from my back patio. You see, every year my targets over the years since 2005 get obliterated during the rut and I always have my cameras deployed where I’m hunting EXCEPT this year. This year I setup a camera behind it about the time the bucks started shedding their velvet and forgot about it till I was leaf blowing on Sunday the 10th and saw it busted up and laying on the ground. I immediately shutdown my leaf blowing and checked my card and was pleasantly surprised to see what a cool video I got on my camera. There were visits by 2 other nice up and coming bucks at night but they acted timid and very unaggressive towards the target. Here are a couple screen shots of the video segment.
F86CEC16-FA5F-4D36-8F5E-8CDD1B96BC44.png
B4E18F3A-CE68-4F39-B107-79C8E76D9FC5.png

Well, I put him back together and reset the camera and monitored the card every couple weeks since then only seeing small bucks and does checking it out at night. Unfortunately, about 2 weeks ago I pulled that cam to put out to start monitoring the bucks shedding on the farm I hunt. Well, I wish I would have waited cuz last night my target got crushed again and this time it wasn’t on film and I’ll need to get creative on how to put him back together cuz it’s really broken now. I worked on my screened porch all weekend and it was fine so whatever whipped it’s ass it did it within the past 24 hours. This is how I found my target this evening after work.
7CA06CBC-3748-4E2F-9B0C-DB0C2560C7AE.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is awesome!!! I’m glad you did get some video of the earlier bucks. This last encounter was probably a Bigfoot or something

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ha! Always funny to see. I've often thought about putting one in the woods with a cam on it just to see how many times it gets hit.

Buckkillr

Athens
Ours got destroyed a few times too lol. I went out to shoot and was like WTF, pieces every where. After that I started pulling antlers off and spraying doe in heat on it, Yep tore up a few more times lol.

It's now held together with liquid nails and wood dowels 😂

Reactions: finelyshedded