Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tow rig/daily driver

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will line up window tint and spray in bed liner next week. It'll get new rubber around November.

imagejpeg_0(11).jpg
imagejpeg_0(12).jpg
imagejpeg_0(13).jpg
imagejpeg_0(14).jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
You get the new 7.3 in it w 10 speed tranny? A friend just traded his diesel in for the gas motor. 3.55 rear end says it’s got some pep.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You get the new 7.3 in it w 10 speed tranny? A friend just traded his diesel in for the gas motor. 3.55 rear end says it’s got some pep.

No, 6.2L with 8 speed and 3.55 rear. I was cautioned by a few folks not to buy the 7.3 due to false MPG claims. The 6.2L seemed like a safe buy.

I'm hoping to sell my truck for enough to pay for the topper and if I get really lucky, I could get a Decked unit for it. I'll cross that bridge later though. If I do that, no need for a camper if it's just me cause I'll be driving an RV 😂

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Sounds like a great plan Jesse.

I started the search for my next truck. Looking to pull the trigger over the next 3-4 months. Ole Blue went on the market to make room for the new truck. Inventory at Stealerships is pretty limited so it will probably take a little bit for us to find what we want.
Going with a half ton since I no longer tow anything heavy enough to justify the 3/4 ton. We will stay with a diesel.

GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab with the 3.0l Inline 6 Duramax. Need to go test drive the AT4 to see how the ride is with the factory 2" lift. Then we will be able to narrow down what we are looking for.