Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tractor Project

It was finally time to retire my old lawn tractor to mowing duty only. The old gal has had a few parts replaced here and there. But, to be honest she had a pretty tough life the past 15 years. The first couple years she was more of a brush hog then a mower. As I got older she became my means of transportation on my property and a form of "do it all" equipment. She has moved tons of firewood, drug out a few bucks, and hauled bigger loads in my small trailer than she should have.

Shortly after I bought her I decided to buy another tractor exactly like her. This tractor had sat in my garage for 13 years in Akron, and 18 months in a shed where I now live. In June I decided it was time to get the tractor out of storage and put it to use. Got it out of the shed and my buddy, Jeff came up and got it running. Did a rebuild on the carb and hauled it to Carrollton. Ordered some beefy ATV tires for the rear and new turf tires for the front. Removed the mowing deck for ground clearance and added a "bumper" to the front. I've not had the time to get it painted yet, but it will be in the near future. This little rig will go almost anywhere. Should work great for getting me to my stand and back. Hopefully we will see how well it works getting a buck out of my creek bottom in a couple of months.

Attachments

• collage.png
    collage.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63