Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tragedy in Knox County

rrr

I'm sure that everyone has heard of the missing people in Mount Vernon and now that the bodies were found this afternoon in a hollowed out tree. Where the bodies were recovered is about 15 minutes from my home (and about 10 minutes from where a sheriff's deputy from my home county was shot by a dope head less than a month ago).

So that is obviously sad, pissed off, that guy should get the death penalty, etc. I cannot imagine the poor girl that

Caught this at the very end of the ABC news story, a description of the accused killer Matthew Hoffman:

"He was killing the squirrels because he doesn't grocery shop," neighbor Kara Fowler told ABC News. "He would actually kill the squirrels and eat them."

Seriously? You should know better Mount Vernon. I love how they found some ditz to give a quote to make this guy sound crazy - he eats squirrels.

There's too much to be pissed about here. Conclusion: protect your family.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Someone just walk up and put one in his cranium and save everyone the hassle of a trial... How friggin sad that family is desimated by this POS and he won't even make it to death row.... Turn him over to the family and let them deal with him....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
He finally broke down and told the sheriff where the bodies was but only after he had attorneys on board. I figure they did a plea deal for life in prison instead of the death penalty. Sorry SOB should be killed if you as me. One of my sister-in-laws lives right there in the middle of that mess so I have been keeping an eye on it since the story first broke.

rrr

The problem with death penalty cases is that very few of these rural counties have the money and resources to prosecute them. Of course my personal feelings are different than that, but from what I have heard, it would not be too hard to imagine why they'd do a plea for life - however, I'm not sure that any DA would plea to find out where the bodies where.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm not trying to be a cold hearted SOB, but anyone who had any hope of there being a good outcome of this probably voted for Obama as well.... Just saying....

rrr

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...knox-county-missing-bodies-found.html?sid=102

That's probably the best story, you can see at the bottom there's also links to their previous stories.

The basics are that in Mt Vernon 8 days ago 4 people went missing: two women, two kids. The police found a pickup truck on Kenyon College's campus and that led to a suspect. This weekend they arrested the guy, as well as found one of the girls, age 13. She was bound and gagged in a house and they found lots of blood in the house. They then questioned the guy, found out that he had bought some tarps at Wal-Mart and today he told them where the bodies where - about 20 miles north around the Fredericktown area.

They really don't know the connection between the bad guy and the four people.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Man that is a terrible tragedy... very very sad. :( What I hate the most is that people do shit like this, and then end up in prison while our tax dollars pay for their food, water, and shelter for the rest of their lives. What a bunch of bullshit. These kind of people should be executed right on the spot IMO. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Man that is a terrible tragedy... very very sad. :( What I hate the most is that people do shit like this, and then end up in prison while our tax dollars pay for their food, water, and shelter for the rest of their lives. What a bunch of bullshit. These kind of people should be executed right on the spot IMO. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

I agree 100%. If there undisputable forensic evidence and/or witnesses, or a confession, then fry the fuckers in a timely manner. Irks the hell outta me that I have to pay for this POS to keep living. Hopefully he'll have a chance to meet Old Sparky...