Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tree Stand SCAM

It all boils down to when a deal is too good to be true, it's not a good deal. 🙄

I Google searched for a Lone Wolf Hand Climber tree stand and found one on a website called kennimathi.com. It was advertised as $95.32 and even offered PayPal and that's what I used. As soon as I placed the order, the charge came up as $76.10. 🤔 I knew it was a SCAM and tried everything I could with PayPal to get the order cancelled a.s.a.p., but they had "waiting steps" to hand disputes. These "waiting steps" gave the alleged seller to come up with a fake Tracking Number and delivery date. :mad:

I contacted the Post Office, in person and showed them the Tracking Number. The number was real, but previously used. So, it showed my "tree stand" being shipped at 1.2 ounces and delivered to an address that is NOT mine.
I called the "help" number for PayPal and talked to one of their representatives and gave them all the information that I had about this issue. As it turns out, all they have to do is verify the Tracking Number with the Post Office and they can "red flag" the seller/scammer and credit my account. đź‘Ť:)

Also, I called Lone Wolf and they stopped making this climbing stand, this past December, but intend to bring it back later this year or by the first of next year.

Reactions: TinyTucky

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Glad that it worked out. It's a growing trend especially for things advertised on social media. Glad you got your money back, usually by the time the guy issues the tracking number they've removed the funds from their paypal and there is no way paypal can get it back. It's likely that since you were on the spot and demanded tracking he just shot you a number hoping you would keep waiting.

Use this to check websites, it'll tell you if they haven't operated very long.