Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tressel resigns...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Espn just reported that Pryor may enter the supplemental draft. He might as well. No way he can stay at osu.

Yeah heard there were some more allegations being brought up on him, something to do with some vehicles. There will be more dirt than this brought during these investigations... long road ahead!!

I don't blame him either, I would have stated my intent for the draft as soon as they said I was suspended for 5 games. No way I would stick around for what is certainly going to be a "rebuilding year with a new coach" and ride the pine for 5 games.

But you reap what you sow, they new the rules when they broke them, so part of me would like to see him stay and face the consequences.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree with alot of what was already said in the previous posts but just wanted TOO add this. What Tressel did was wrong and he deserves to be punished or lose his job.IMO He's evidently had the same problems before he came here but I BELIEVE he still is a good guy and better than most in the college football arena. Having said that, Gene Smith and Gordon Gee should ALSO be shown the door as there ain't NO WAY IN HELL, they didn't know these kids/players were doing this as well. From the reports it sounds like it was common knowledge all over C-BUS. I'm a HUGE Buckeye fan and like the winning coach Tressel has brought to Buckeye Nation, BUT I do NOT like the way he has gone about it. It's not fair to the players who DO go to class and practice and abide by the rules. Players that have commited these violations are mostly talented athletes who for whatever reason put their wants,needs and desires ahead of their teammates,coaches,school and fans! Boosters and rich/attentionseeking alum are alot of the problem TOO. When you mix them and these type of players together it's going to become a problem like what Buckeye Nation now has. I say fire the AD and Prez. TOO and take what punishment the NCAA deems necessary after that and maybe the school will show it is trying its best to straighten up its character issues. The OSU needs to stop recruiting these types of players. OH, I heard TP showed up to a team meeting yesterday evening in yet ANOTHER new car!!! Is he just stupid,retarded or just doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks or likes to show off. WTF!!! He would be kicked off the team if I were Fickell and I would send a strong message to the others that this kind of mockery and actions WILL NOT be tolerated anymore! I'm done venting! Just had to get it out fellas and thanks for listening.lol NUFF SAID!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
OH, I heard TP showed up to a team meeting yesterday evening in yet ANOTHER new car!!! Is he just stupid,retarded or just doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks or likes to show off. WTF!!!

Yup... they showed him on the news last night pulling up in a 6 day old Mazda 6, registered under his mother's name.... hmmmm. Kinda goes along with what cotty just mentioned.

Espn just reported that Pryor may enter the supplemental draft. He might as well. No way he can stay at osu.

It's time to clean house.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
You will never clean up a college...if you do have fun winning one game a year....if you want the winning to continue let the storm pass and get back to business but this time no paper trail!!......that's the way it has to be if you want your team to win....there are no clean teams, colleges, or coaches.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Sorry... the car Pryor was driving was: Pryor drove up to a players-only team meeting on Monday night in a coal-black Nissan 350Z sports car with 30-day plates. The automotive information site Edmunds.com lists a recent, used 350Z, which it calls "a proper sports car for the everyman," as costing between $16,000 and $27,000.

The school, media, and NCAA are turning the investigation on Pryor now.... you can bet that he's played his last game as a Buckeye.

Listening to 97.1 The Fan yesterday, the majority of people calling into the shows are clearly looking for Pryor to get run out of Buckeye Nation. Yes, most will say Tress really screwed up on this one, and shoud've handled everything differently, but the finger is getting pointed towards Pryor specifically as the catalyst that brought this whole thing to where it is today.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The day we signed Pryor, the former owner of our company told my dad: "You will eventually regret you ever had any dealings with that kid." He is a PA resident and was very in tune with Pryor and the PA high school football scene, so he obviously knew what we were in for and it proved to be a very true statement a few years later...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I wish there was a quick fix to this whole mess, but there isn't. Long drawn out process for sure. I wouldn't care if they cut everyone on the team that is being investigated, just get it over with so we can move on.

twireman

Kingston, OH
I can see me spending alot more saturdays in a treestand this coming fall.....I've lost a lot of respect for OSU as a whole. And believe me I'm one of the biggest OSU fans out there as my wife got her DVM there and I spent the last 3 years working at the Medical Center....It's gonna get real fuggin ugly before it ever gets better.

On as side note I hope they keep Fickell. I could not stomach Urban Myers running that program...The whole thing is a shame.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I can see me spending alot more saturdays in a treestand this coming fall.....I've lost a lot of respect for OSU as a whole. And believe me I'm one of the biggest OSU fans out there as my wife got her DVM there and I spent the last 3 years working at the Medical Center....It's gonna get real fuggin ugly before it ever gets better.

The reality is OSU isn't the only school with players and Alumni breaking the rules. It goes on at any major college with a top rated program. To think that it doesn't and OSU is the only school with this problem is assenine. What do you think causes a good majority of these inner city kids with nothing at all choose Florida over their home state college. It's all about what the school had to offer them.

Imagine being a star college athlete, everyone knows your name and loves you. There are going to be people all over offering you freebees and "deals" just because of who you are. Think about how hard or tiring it has to be turning people down who the constant offers for a free meal at a resturaunt, or a deal on rent or a car. Anyone who has been to college knows how demanding school can be, and that's without adding sports to the mix. Playing a college sport is like working a full time job while attending school. Add to that a bunch of young adults still learning how to become responsible, and all the freebees out there become really enticing.

I'm not saying what Jim Tressel did was right, I just looking out for his players as far as what has become "normal" concerning major sports at big name schools. Don't beat yourselves up too much over what happened. Yes, it puts a different perspective out there with what Tressel did for OSU and how he got there, but OSU will bounce back from this just like every other school that has been caught breaking the rules.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The reality is OSU isn't the only school with players and Alumni breaking the rules. It goes on at any major college with a top rated program. To think that it doesn't and OSU is the only school with this problem is assenine. What do you think causes a good majority of these inner city kids with nothing at all choose Florida over their home state college. It's all about what the school had to offer them.

Imagine being a star college athlete, everyone knows your name and loves you. There are going to be people all over offering you freebees and "deals" just because of who you are. Think about how hard or tiring it has to be turning people down who the constant offers for a free meal at a resturaunt, or a deal on rent or a car. Anyone who has been to college knows how demanding school can be, and that's without adding sports to the mix. Playing a college sport is like working a full time job while attending school. Add to that a bunch of young adults still learning how to become responsible, and all the freebees out there become really enticing.

I'm not saying what Jim Tressel did was right, I just looking out for his players as far as what has become "normal" concerning major sports at big name schools. Don't beat yourselves up too much over what happened. Yes, it puts a different perspective out there with what Tressel did for OSU and how he got there, but OSU will bounce back from this just like every other school that has been caught breaking the rules.

Great post. And from a UM fan to boot!

The reality is you could uncover a scandal at every major college right now if you dig hard enough. I believe Tressel went TOO far in playing protector, not that his actions were those of some slimy, underhanded cheater. He wouldn't be the first person to get their ass in a ringer by protecting people they care about. It sucks to be a Buckeye right now, but we'll recover. It's just our turn to take our lumps.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Here is my message to all the buckeye fans on here......................................

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't condone the actions, but I will stand true with my support of the Ohio State Buckeyes. I remember some black eyes and busted lips growing up. I remember them, but they did go away. This will go away too. Might not be forgotten, but the Buckeye program will heal up and move on.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Fluteman,
I agree completely with your statement. You could go to any major school and probably find any of these scandals going on. I still bleed scarlet and grey haha. It's just gonna be tough watching all the transitions and sanctions coming down. Also gonna be tough watching Mark May salivate over this all fall!!! Cant stand that guy :smiley_boos:

I'm not sure why Tressel protected Pryor so much. Also I just can't believe what a dumbass Pryor is for the most part. We always have known he was an idiot but c'mon man!! I'm assuming he knows he's done playing here driving that Nissan sports car around. I hope he doesnt play anymore to be honest.

I really am excited about Fickell running the show though. I would love to go into Nebraska and get a win!!!

Last edited: