Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Truck cd player question.

Diablo54

Outside
My cd player in my truck will play a cd as long as my truck is off. But when i turn the truck on it wont read the cd and it says cd error. Does anyone know anything about this. Thanks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You check to make sure nothing is loose and theres no shorts or anything in the wiring? I used to be into the whole car audio thing and I can tell you one thing, when weird shit starts happening like that, be prepared to get really pissed!!! LOL

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Weird, stock radio? Wonder if it has something to do with your ignition switch. Id pull the dash off, yank the cd player, crank the truck and measure the voltage on the power wire that connects to your player, then do the same with the truck off. I know nothing about that crap, I'd just try that for giggles. :)

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Is it just the CD portion or does the whole thing quit working with the ignition on? If it is just the CD while the truck is running the reader is probably being bounced from it either going bad or you need smaller cams :)

Jesse - I used to be into car audio big time. My car was in Car Audio and Electronis mag because I was 3rd in the nation behind sponsered cars all by myself. 158.7 decibels out of a rig that could run top ten sound quality consistently.

What did you say? :)

Beentown

Diablo54

Outside
When i turn my truck on the radio works fine. Although it cannot read a cd while the truck is running. But it has no problem when the truck is off.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm with been...
I think the truck running is messing with player reading the disc. Some good vibrations are messing it up.
Better hit WalMart for a new stereo.
They've got them ones that read iPods. I put one in my Tacoma and loved it.

Diablo54

Outside
I'm with been...
I think the truck running is messing with player reading the disc. Some good vibrations are messing it up.
Better hit WalMart for a new stereo.
They've got them ones that read iPods. I put one in my Tacoma and loved it.

Thats what im planning on doing.