Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkeys spring 23'

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Brock got to see me fall down as I experienced that dead turkey leg. I popped up right after the shot and went back down😂. About ended up on top of Brock😂😂😂

😅😅. It'll get ya. Brain says go before the legs have a chance to work. 😅

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Fuck you mean "get me on one". I spend half my time dragging you up those hills every year. 😅😅.
But i do all the calling.

You know something else...see what happens when I go on my own, i shoot Toms, big big gobblers, not Jakes. Mature Tommy Toms. I think in clarity without someone telling me to shoot this or that, which 75% of the time it was Jakes. Its all adding up now......

If anyone wants to know what its like hunting with Joe, heres what its like.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
But i do all the calling.

You know something else...see what happens when I go on my own, i shoot Toms, big big gobblers, not Jakes. Mature Tommy Toms. I think in clarity without someone telling me to shoot this or that, which 75% of the time it was Jakes. Its all adding up now......

If anyone wants to know what its like hunting with Joe, heres what its like.

You call because I have to run the camera so I can get all those misses on film. How come the footage from 2 years ago year's ago where your "gun malfunctioned" never made it to the net Alex?. 😅 If I remember right there has been more than a few times where I had to put the camera down and help out your calling to close the deal. 🫢

Don't blame me for your jake shooting tendencies. I talked you into shooting one jake probably 12 years ago on the last day in the last hour. Ever since that first taste you've been on a bloodlust for them. In all the years we've hunted I haven't shot a single one. The rest were all on you. 😅. Don't you put that JUJU on me Ricky Bobby.

Last edited:

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
You call because I have to run the camera so I can get all those misses on film. How come the footage from 2 years ago year's ago where your "gun malfunctioned" never made it to the net Alex?. 😅 If I remember right there has been more than a few times where I had to put the camera down and help out your calling to close the deal. 🫢

Don't blame me for your jake shooting tendencies. I talked you into shooting one jake probably 12 years ago on the last day in the last hour. Ever since that first taste you've been on a bloodlust for them. In all the years we've hunted I haven't shot a single one. The rest were all on you. 😅. Don't you put that JUJU on me Ricky Bobby.
You always shot Toms because i called them in for you opening day/week after we studied that particular bird for 3 weeks before season. So whatever, i decked those past 2 years birds at 40 yards. I dropped them like a breifcase you fuggin mollonmaries. Everybody knows me as the the RockWall King down there now.

Last edited:

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Screenshot_20230416_192539_Phone.jpg

Just got off the phone with Joe. He told me he's super excited for me to take him turkey hunting and call him in a bird. He said, "Alex, im just trying to look cool on TOO with my posts, your the best".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416_192539_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20230416_192539_Phone.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

jkraftjr

Well it took three years but Aden finally tagged his first turkey and it was a real nice one, After sitting for the first half hour today, we spent the rest of the morning running and gunning covering more than a few miles. Twice we saw turkeys in the distance but had no luck circling around them and trying to get them to come in. Bumped a couple of well fed coyotes, I kept calling in spots which I've had success in the past , but no responses. Finally sweaty and a bit worn out we tried one last spot before heading in for lunch. Threw out a few yelps and clucks and then ....,,,,,Gobbles! Sounded a couple hundred yards away....We quickly sat against a couple of trees .....and after about 5 minutes i tossed out another set and their reply made it clear they were headed our way. Two mature Toms appeared at 60 yards and closed the distance to about 25 . They hung up behind some underbrush (for two looong minutes which felt like 30) but Aden waited patiently for a clear shot. He got his first bird and I was extremely proud of him. This will be his last youth turkey hunt as he ages out but it will be a lasting memory for both of us!

Attachments

• IMG_1911 (1).jpg
    IMG_1911 (1).jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1910 (1).jpg
    IMG_1910 (1).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 60