Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ufc 129

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Anyone making it a point to watch this one?

I'm in for sure because the GSP/Shields fight should be epic. I also want to see Randy Couture's last fight, or so he says! Machida is a bad ass dude with a totally different style than Couture, so it should an interesting fight. I know a lot of people are not Nate/Nick Diaz fans, but I'm one who likes them. Not as people, but as fighters. Those boys flat out brawl and bring it to every fight. If you haven't seen Nick's fight from Strikeforce earlier this month, watch this clip. These boys were born to brawl!

[video=youtube;6JbloR4p89I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JbloR4p89I[/video]

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I think GSP might just of met his match with Shields, and I really would like to see Randy go out with a win! I will definately be watching this one, should be good!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I love watching Nick. But the dudes mentally retarded, all he does is bitch about not getting paid enough haha. Theres a rumor saying that he's retiring from MMA and doing a pro boxing match to get a pay day. I hope Dana comes back with an offer after the boxing gig, he has that bad boy attitude that fans love to see. Dana's already begun picking out Strikeforces guys since the buy out (Jason Mayhem Miller), and he has alot of SF fighters calling out UFC fighters. Im stoked to see how the UFC HW division shapes up after the SF HW tournament as well.

As for GSP vs Shields, I think GSP has been evolving/training with his punching power. Theres several youtube videos of him training boxing recently. His critics are on his ass about not finishing a 5 round fight in a while, so i expect this one to remain standing, and GSP looking for the T/KO. I wouldnt take it to the ground if I were him. But then again GSP systematically destroys his opponents. I can see him changing tactics each round to keep him guessing, breaking him down mentally and physically, then ending it where ever he so chooses.

I dont know about the Couture/Machida fight. Machidas lost 2 fights in a row, so hes ready to kill. I think Couture will stick to his guns, and look for a lock up, put Machida's back on the cage, dirty box, take down or whatever. As long as he can avoid that KO I think he stands a fair chance. Either Decision by Couture or Machida by KO.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I too like the Diaz brothers and would love to see a match set up between them....

As far a Sheilds, I think he lost the fight to Kampman and GSP will come away with another 5 round win. I hope to get to watch this fight and Couture/Machida. My heart says Couture but if I had money on this fight I would be betting on Machida.

Schu72

Streetsboro
GSP fights are usually a big let down. If the wife is off I may go up to the local BW3 and watch for free, but I wouldn't spend the dough on PPV. As far as the Diaz brothers, I like Nick, he's a hell of a scrapper. Nate, however, usually gets his ass kicked for 2.5 rounds and then submits his opponent with a triangle choke. It drives me crazy that these guys are that dumb to jump in his guard when they are clearly winning the fight. It's like they have never seen him fight. It's his only move.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm with Schu, I won't spend the full amount on this pay per view. If I can get 2 or 3 buddies to split it, which shouldn't be a problem since I always seem to be surrounded with GSP fans on fight nights, I will probably get it in my garage.

I don't like missing a Couture fight, because they are usually good.

This fight is in Canada, so I think GSP will be amp'd up and win, but I also think that that gives Aldo a chance to be beat by Hominick in the Featherweight division since he is from Ontario. Here's my picks:

GSP
Aldo
Machida
Henderson
Brilz
Diaz
Pierson (Toronto boy is going to shine)

Pretty decent fight card IMO, should be some good fights.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
GSP fights are usually a big let down. If the wife is off I may go up to the local BW3 and watch for free, but I wouldn't spend the dough on PPV. As far as the Diaz brothers, I like Nick, he's a hell of a scrapper. Nate, however, usually gets his ass kicked for 2.5 rounds and then submits his opponent with a triangle choke. It drives me crazy that these guys are that dumb to jump in his guard when they are clearly winning the fight. It's like they have never seen him fight. It's his only move.

you are so right about Nate....Hes predictable, hes not that good....He gets whooped on than catches someone slippin, but he wins, you cant knock him for that.

his brother is a fighter and can they both can take a good punch, to see them against eachother? I doubt that will happen..

epe

Lancaster
Probably happens in the gym all the time, with the tempers they have and training together.
On a side note, my old ladies brother switched over to American Top Team, and was going to fight Patrick Cote, but Cote turned it down, saying the risk was not worth the reward. I thinks its just cause he is a pussy.

sent from my HTC evo