Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

UFC The Ultimate Fighter 13

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Anyone a fan of the show and will be watching Lesnar coach against Dos Santos? I sure hope he gets back to his silver back beating ways.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
What's scary is how he dominated Mir in the first fight, but got caught off guard with the foot lock. Then he gets some experience and absolutely mauls Mir like a crazied grizzly. The dude could dominate the sport if he sticks with it. Can you imagine if he would have dedicated his life to this?!?! Holy shit!!!

I'm not a Dos Santos fan and I'm a huge Lesnar fan. Pretty obvious what corner I am in!!!

rrr

Which fight is this? I haven't been following it but was reading a few articles yesterday...is this the same big fight (night) that CB Dollaway is fighting in? The Doberman won an Ohio State wrestling title for my alma mater...

Schu72

Streetsboro
I don't think Lesnar will last much longer. He was scared to death of Carwin and Valesquez beat him like a red-headed stepchild. He's a freak of an athlete, but he's not willing to take a punch.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I don't think Lesnar will last much longer. He was scared to death of Carwin and Valesquez beat him like a red-headed stepchild. He's a freak of an athlete, but he's not willing to take a punch.

I agree. But I think Valesquez hurt his pride more than his face. Now that he knows he can take a beating and recover, and that the pride hurts way worse than the pain, I think he'll be a changed fighter.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I think thats his whole problem, he doesnt wantto lose again...sorry loser and scared. Hes a friggin beast of a fighter. I am not a huge fan of his. I have never been a fan of any heavyweight fighters, boxing or otherwise.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
givng the time , lesnar will dominate this sport , he has the power , and when he gets over thefear of getting his arse whipped once in awhile i think he will go to the top and stay there

Lesnar doesn't really have time. He's at the age when high intensity athletes begin their natural descent. The same with Shane Carwin (and he's my boy), I felt that his bout against Lesnar was his "now or never" moment. However, I do believe Carwin could prove me wrong as I know he is changing his diet and workout routine to focus more on cardio. One must ask: is Lesnar doing the same? Last I heard Lesnar to a hiatus to focus...on hunting.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I like Lesner, but I feel after his sickness while he was in Canada, he is a different person. I think if he would stick to what got him here he can definitely get back on top. He has proven that he cant stand and let someone punch him in the face, but as far a taking an ass beating, he has proved that he can take that when he fought Carwin and the ref let them fight. He definitely has some skills and still has at least 5 good years left. Just my thoughts.....

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I don't buy into all the internet hype/conspiracy that he wants to quit because he got his ass handed to him and that he wants to return to the WWE or whatever. This dudes a competiter, his pride was damaged but he seems like the type of guy that if he lets it eat at him it just motivates him to get better. I can't see him burning out, being a loser and walking away from the UFC.

Lesnar's worth millions and makes millions in fights. He sells more PPV's than any other fighter. They are going to pay him big to stick in a while and win fights at whatever cost. He just needs better training. I would hope by now his camp realizes he needs to bring his boxing up to par.

epe

Lancaster
Will be watching it, as usual. The finances brother runs a gym in miami. Go onto YouTube and search Michael bernhard. Not sure Brock has hood enough skills to fight with true "skilled" fighters. But I love watching him fight, he is a beast. Loved it when he beat Mir's ass.

sent from my HTC evo

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I enjoy the Tuf series, I try and watch as much as I can cause it lets you get to know some of the new talent without having to pay for it and it lets you see how some of the coaches really are. Up until last seasons episodes, I was a Koscheck fan, then after seeing that he was just another smart ass punk I changed my mind. Then their is Tito, kinda liked the guy, then after watching him coach and seeing how he was in it to teach the young fighters something, I became a big fan. Thought Shamrock and Hughes and Penn were shit for coaches. Just my 2 cents.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I enjoy the Tuf series, I try and watch as much as I can cause it lets you get to know some of the new talent without having to pay for it and it lets you see how some of the coaches really are. Up until last seasons episodes, I was a Koscheck fan, then after seeing that he was just another smart ass punk I changed my mind. Then their is Tito, kinda liked the guy, then after watching him coach and seeing how he was in it to teach the young fighters something, I became a big fan. Thought Shamrock and Hughes and Penn were shit for coaches. Just my 2 cents.

Remember there's nothing real about reality shows. Plenty of that stuff is scripted and they edit out hours and hours of actual happenings to tell the story the want you to see. They need to create drama to keep viewers interested.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Remember there's nothing real about reality shows. Plenty of that stuff is scripted and they edit out hours and hours of actual happenings to tell the story the want you to see. They need to create drama to keep viewers interested.

Man you just ruined it for me.
I will say that they can edit all they want, but you have to remember that the editing stops when they step in the ring and the fists start flying, so their for I like this kind of reality show and like I said this is when you get to know the fighters and the coaches without paying for it.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
They started filming the show this week and I found this interview about him.

LAS VEGAS – Brock Lesnar isn’t crazy about spending the next six weeks in Las Vegas, but on his second day on the job as a coach on Season 13 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” he conceded it sure beat being home in Alexandria, Minn., where temperatures, to be conservative, remained frigid.

“It’s 30 below in Alexandria right now,” Lesnar said Tuesday at the TUF 13 media day at the UFC Training Center, where it was a positively balmy 65 degrees. “I’d had enough of it.”

Las Vegas isn’t Lesnar’s kind of town, and Lesnar isn’t the type to be away from his family for long stretches, but the former heavyweight champion said his decision to accept UFC president Dana White’s offer to coach opposite Junior dos Santos has a simple explanation.

Asked how White talked him into accepting the post, Lesnar grinned wryly and said, “Benjamins.”

When White first asked, Lesnar’s response was predictable.

“No,” Lesnar said, pausing for effect before adding, “Like I always say.”

White, though, made it worth Lesnar’s while financially and agreed to rent a house so that Lesnar could bring his wife, Rena, sons Turk and Duke and stepdaughter Mariah, to Las Vegas with him.

Professionally, it turned out to be a boon, because he gets to fight dos Santos in the summer in Vancouver, British Columbia, after the series airs, for the right to meet heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez when Velasquez returns to competition after undergoing rotator cuff surgery.

There was never any question about Lesnar’s desire to get back at it, even though the Internet was swirling with rumors saying he no longer had the heart to fight.

He dispelled two of the most prevalent rumors on Tuesday. He said he had no interest in appearing at WrestleMania, a rumor that was fueled by a staredown with WWE star “The Undertaker,” only seconds after Lesnar walked out of the cage following his loss to Velasquez. Lesnar gave Undertaker a dirty look, and Undertaker said, “Do you want to do this?” That prompted a raft of speculation that Lesnar was returning to the WWE, where he had originally become famous.

“That thing just took on a life of its own,” Lesnar said of the WrestleMania rumors. “I’m a fighter. There wasn’t anything there. I never pursued anything, no.”

He also scoffed at the notion that he was through fighting and didn’t have the stomach for it any more.

Lesnar hardly watches any television and is on the Internet even less, so he wasn’t personally aware of the abundant rumors. But as he lived his life, he’d hear many stories about what he was doing from friends, acquaintances and just people who bumped into him at the gas station.

It wasn’t much different than what Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is going through. The NFC championship game was still being played when the Internet was filled with speculation that Cutler had quit on his team.

No one had bothered so much as to ask Cutler and/or the Bears coaches about the decision to pull him early in the third quarter of their 21-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Lesnar faced similar scrutiny after he was dominated by Velasquez.

“When I go dark, people have to talk about something,” Lesnar said. “I don’t have any control over that, nor do I really care. I’m just glad they’re still talking about me. It’s a funny thing. I go sit in my deer shack or my fish house and you guys (in the media) still talk about me and I don’t even have to say a word.”

Lesnar is a guy who values accountability and, because of the anonymity that the Internet provides, posters on various forums and messages boards were free to speculate about his career and his plans without ever hearing from him.

A video that showed a reporter interviewing “The Undertaker” after UFC 121 led to speculation that he wanted to quit fighting and return to the WWE as a professional wrestler.

It turns out, none of it is true. He said he never considered going to the WWE, pointing out, “I’m a fighter.” But that didn’t have any impact upon the rampant speculation.

“It’s just the Internet, and it’s because of those things right there,” Lesnar said, pointing toward a laptop that was placed in front of him. “People can say anything they want and not have any credibility or nothing. It’s just the world we live in. I don’t (hear the talk). I don’t get caught up in any of those things.

“I bought a computer because I’m writing a book and I got on the Internet because it’s easier than sending 400 pages of faxes back and forth. … I don’t monkey around with any of that. If I’m going through my outdoors magazine and I see a product I’m interested in and I want to learn a little more about it, I go on and read about it. I don’t surf the web. I don’t look up my name and who’s talking about me. I can hear about it from my friends who do do that stuff.”

Lesnar is eager to fight dos Santos because he knows it will lead to a title shot. He said he is happy to be able to give back to the sport and, hopefully, help it by bringing more viewers to the show.

At the end of the day, though, it is about regaining the championship and coaching against dos Santos on TUF provides the most logical path for him.

“I have one thing in my mind for this whole thing, which is to help these kids and to improve their lives,” Lesnar said. “More importantly, it’s an opportunity for me to get down here and train and it’s an opportunity for me to get my title back sooner rather than later. When I beat dos Santos, then I get a rematch with Velasquez and I get my (expletive) belt back. That’s the way I’m looking at this.”

Schu72

Streetsboro
Man you just ruined it for me.
I will say that they can edit all they want, but you have to remember that the editing stops when they step in the ring and the fists start flying, so their for I like this kind of reality show and like I said this is when you get to know the fighters and the coaches without paying for it.

Not saying the fights are scripted and I enjoy the free fights as well. But they are playing good cop vs. bad cop, good vs. evil, or what ever analogy you want to use. The drama in the house and the trainig sessions can be too WWEesk.