Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Urgent prayers please

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Prayers in my thoughts. My youngest brother was born at 24 weeks and that was 55 yrs ago. And he turned out healthy so today the chances of a early birth is much better.
I still remember those days. The doctors sent him home and said his lungs, liver, and brain was undeveloped and would die so. So take him home and enjoy being with him as long as possible.
It was 1960 in mid-winter and we had no central heat out on the farm in those days so we put him in a shoe box and put him on top of the TV that we left on 24 hrs a day as that was the only heat source that was available.
We had to feed him with a eye dropper so many drops every hour on the hour around the clock. Since someone was up every hour we was able to keep the pot belly stove burning all night.
He grew up normal but spoiled.

This brought back memories of my youth. We lived out in the country until I turned 18 and we had no running water, no bathroom, no phone, or central heat. I still remember the frozen water in the wash pan each morning during the winter, and the snow on the window sill inside the house because of the gaps. Had to walk to the neighbor to use the phone.
We was a large family and dirt poor but never went hungry. Only got one pair of shoes per year when school started. Had to carry our lunch in a used sugar bag and if you threw you bag away and none available I had to carry the lunch in my pocket.
But all these things we didn't have when I was younger and growing up made me into a determined person not live like that the rest of my life. And I'm proud to say I haven't.
Rambling over for now. LOL

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad to see she's in a great place anyway in case something bad were to happen! Praying she prolongs the birth and all goes well!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Thought I would update. Today is week 31 for Allison and the baby. She is still in the hospital where she is carefully monitored, but she has had no more bleeding.

They are hoping to get her to 34 weeks, give her more steroid shots at that point, then take the baby around week 35.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Great!!!! Still in my prayers... my little brother was born at 32 weeks and although I don't remember it dad says it was tough for the first month and a half he was in dayton children's.