Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Used tires...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Anyone know of a good place to buy used tires? I am going to be buying a new rig in the spring and don't wanna fork over $800 for something I am going to sell in three months. Here are the sizes I could use:

245 70 17
265 65 17
265 70 17

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yep saw those. Nothing that works for one reason or another. A want a matching set if I can. Didn't know if anybody had someone they used/trusted.

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There's a place over here near me, in Wadsworth... American Auto & Tire. The guy sells what he calls "Take-Off Tires..." I don't know what types and sizes he has but it'd be worth a call. (330) 334-9121 We got a set of Yokohamas for my wifes car a few months ago... damn things looked brand new... out the door for 250 bucks.

This past Friday I got a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2's for my Ranger... brand new though... I got a hell of a price on them and they were still $685 out the door. Very happy with these tires so far.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Take off's are tires that are run on the machines at the manufacturer's plant... They put miles on them to test them.... not run on the road at all... at least that's how it was explained to me by a sales guy....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This past Friday I got a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2's for my Ranger... brand new though... I got a hell of a price on them and they were still $685 out the door. Very happy with these tires so far.

I forgot to mention that I didn't get the Bridgestones from the guy in Wadsworth... I got those from Monro Muffler down in Wooster.

Take off's are tires that are run on the machines at the manufacturer's plant... They put miles on them to test them.... not run on the road at all... at least that's how it was explained to me by a sales guy....

I think that's what the guy told me as well.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks Jbrown

I built some shelves for a guy in Medina today and picked up some tires from the guys in Wadsworth. Tires still had the nubs and $300 OTD.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Growing up there was a tire shop down the road named "Maypop Used Tires"... I shit you not.. All he did was sell and install, used tires.. I think he would go around to all the tire shops pulling old tires from the bins and giving the shop a couple bucks each. Which is better than them having to pay a disposal fee. Then he sold them for 10-30 bucks each plus a cheap installation charge..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Used tires are big business now. I cannot complain at all about the ones I got. Still had the damn nubs on them. $300 included mounting, balancing, valve stems and tax.

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Jbrown

I built some shelves for a guy in Medina today and picked up some tires from the guys in Wadsworth. Tires still had the nubs and $300 OTD.

Beentown

Used tires are big business now. I cannot complain at all about the ones I got. Still had the damn nubs on them. $300 included mounting, balancing, valve stems and tax.

Beentown

Glad to hear it worked out well, Beentown. For 300 bucks, you really can't go wrong with tires.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No kidding. There are some tires out there that are $300 a piece! Wait til you have to buy a rear backhoe tire.

epe

Lancaster
I just called him and he would not go look and see if he had any bf goodrich at tires.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk