Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vehicle DVD player

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
So this past Sat we traded my wifes 06 mini van in for a new Ford Escape. Sweet little ride and loaded to the gills...except a dvd player for the kids. The van had one and boy can you tell a difference now that we don't...lol. Anyways, has anyone on here ever bought an after market DVD player/headrest for their vehicle? Or any other kind of after market DVD player for a vehicle? Looking for some suggestions because we are going to see her dad in Virginia Beach in July and I HAVE TO HAVE ONE by then...lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'll take a look at the one we have in our van. It mounts to the back of the headrest and has been very good to us. The little guy likes it and can change DVD's all by himself (he just turned 6 in April). The other thing that is nice is the headphone jack so we don't have to listen to it lol. The other nice thing is...it wasn't that expensive so If I had more little ones I would have purchased 2 of them just so they couldn't fight over what movie to watch lol.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
I'll take a look at the one we have in our van. It mounts to the back of the headrest and has been very good to us. The little guy likes it and can change DVD's all by himself (he just turned 6 in April). The other thing that is nice is the headphone jack so we don't have to listen to it lol. The other nice thing is...it wasn't that expensive so If I had more little ones I would have purchased 2 of them just so they couldn't fight over what movie to watch lol.

Sweet, thanks for the info when you get it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Our old van had the ones that were built into the headrest. They were nice but expensive (we had them thrown in on the deal though).
Our previous car we had the kind that attach to the headrest. We got it at WalMart. It was one player with two screens. Can't remember the brand but WalMart still carries it I'm pretty sure.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sylvania 9" Portable DVD Player and carry case. That carry case had the straps to attach it to the headrest. We have had it for a couple years now and the kids not only use it in the Van for long trips but they have watched movies in the house with it as well. I can hook to the TV so you can use it that way if you ever find yourself in a place where they don't have a DVD player. I think the player itself was around $100 and another $20 for the carry case and about another $20 for other accessories such as headphones and an AC power plug. All said and done it was about $150 of the best money I have spent in a long time lol.

They have a newer model with a 10" swivel screen at Wal - Mart now that is the same price $100

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-10-Portable-DVD-Player-SDVD1030/15066092