Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fuck. Believe it or not, I was a brick Shit house back then. Hard as woodpecker lips
0C610255-316B-4213-9B63-063DD1CD4306.jpeg
BS flag thrown!!!!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Looking into getting a shadowbox made with a few things.
A flag that flew on a mission carrying one of my patients
a few coins
patches
ribbon rack
my discharge certificate

any of you have any suggestions? i bought one of Amazon last year and it's cheaply made (though the price wasn't)

Reactions: Dustinb80

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
@Hedgelj google footlocker shadow box and take a look at them. It’s a little different than the standard shadow box but if I had too do it again, I’d of gone that way with it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fucking katusa. What kind of shit is this!! Watch the stairwell scene and the one right after where he's clearing the room ofevery living organism to include friendlys.

Just seeing that made my knife hand involuntarily spring to life.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Memorial day: If you raised your hand, swore the oath, you entered that arena. This weekend is for those that fell, never to exit back into the fold of friends and family.

If you can, post up one fellow Military member that made an impact on you and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

My glass is raised to:
COL Magic Henderson, a fighter-pilots fighter pilot. http://www.f-16.net/inmemoriam_tribute239.html

Due to my projects I had many TDY's to the Pentagon where Magic was my boss, a truly great leader, friend and human being. My normal running route was in Rosslyn and along Arlington National Cemetery. I'd often take my cool down walk (no running in the cemetery) plot 60. Where the men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice were being interned.

On one TDY, I got a call of a close friend CMSGT Schumann, His son had been killed in Iraq. So I went, and kept going to pay my respects as the years and losses continued. These are just a few pics - to help remind folks that memorial day isn't about the picnic, or best BBQ over the weekend.

Arlington 4a.jpg
Arlington 3.jpg

Arlington 6fb.jpg

"They shall not grow old
As we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning
We Will Remember Them."

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Memorial day: If you raised your hand, swore the oath, you entered that arena. This weekend is for those that fell, never to exit back into the fold of friends and family.

If you can, post up one fellow Military member that made an impact on you and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

My glass is raised to:
COL Magic Henderson, a fighter-pilots fighter pilot. http://www.f-16.net/inmemoriam_tribute239.html

Due to my projects I had many TDY's to the Pentagon where Magic was my boss, a truly great leader, friend and human being. My normal running route was in Rosslyn and along Arlington National Cemetery. I'd often take my cool down walk (no running in the cemetery) plot 60. Where the men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice were being interned.

On one TDY, I got a call of a close friend CMSGT Schumann, His son had been killed in Iraq. So I went, and kept going to pay my respects as the years and losses continued. These are just a few pics - to help remind folks that memorial day isn't about the picnic, or best BBQ over the weekend.

View attachment 102026View attachment 102027

View attachment 102028

"They shall not grow old
As we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning
We Will Remember Them."
Awesome post, thanks for sharing...