Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

Stressless

Keene, OH
@Jackalope - nice! I'm less than 15min for the National Seashore here on the panhandle, use it -All The Time- They give the lifetime pass out at Opal or Ft. Pickens gates.

P6160365.jpg

@Dustinb80

depends on what accounts you have - but the data or 'letters' from the VA should be mailed once a year describing your benefits, or you download from the VA https://www.va.gov/records/download-va-letters/letters/letter-list once you login into the VA system. Once you have the benefit letter which will have any rating > 10% you take that to the Park you want to visit w/ID and they hand you a lifetime pass. After that you just show the pass and ID at any National Park, seashore, monument etc... and the entry fee is waived.

1624449884093.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustinb80

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
@Jackalope - nice! I'm less than 15min for the National Seashore here on the panhandle, use it -All The Time- They give the lifetime pass out at Opal or Ft. Pickens gates.

View attachment 129883

@Dustinb80

depends on what accounts you have - but the data or 'letters' from the VA should be mailed once a year describing your benefits, or you download from the VA https://www.va.gov/records/download-va-letters/letters/letter-list once you login into the VA system. Once you have the benefit letter which will have any rating > 10% you take that to the Park you want to visit w/ID and they hand you a lifetime pass. After that you just show the pass and ID at any National Park, seashore, monument etc... and the entry fee is waived.

View attachment 129884

I see. I did some more reading. All Veterans receive an annual pass, those with a disability rating can receive a lifetime pass. Since the free access program would take an act of Congress to nullify it's not expected to change. So really the only difference is yearly vs lifetime.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
😂😂😂😂

Sounds about right 😂😂😂😂

Seen it. I was a newly promoted E1 again up at battalion HQ doing some extra duty. You know raking lines in the dirt type shit when the butter bar got into it with the CSM. This old army NCO fucking ate that LTs lunch. I'm talking he had Lt back against the wall three inches from his face knife handing that kid. So LT runs to the LTC and is bitching about how he's an officer. LTC about threw him through the wall "If you ever disrespect my Senior NCO corps again you'll be serving chow until you retire. That man has more time in service and in combat than you have not shitting in your pants. :ROFLMAO:

I was just over there like

1624479688588.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but all honorably discharged veterans are allowed the use of the AFEES online shopping website. Advantages are free shipping and tax free. There are deals too be had on there. Whenever we do a purchase we line Amazon and AFEES up too see….

https://www.aafes.com/exchange-stores/

I place orders through them rather often and yes, there are deals to be had for veterans...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I haven't shopped that place in years!
It’s worth a look, when the height of the pandemic and shortages were at the local stores I know some folks who were getting their paper products from them…. Me personally, paper products wasn’t an issue but if it was and I needed them, I know where too go….

Reactions: giles