Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Video file question

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My Moultrie Delta experience has done a complete turnaround. It's fun as fuck. I love being able to have videos sent . There's always a catch though. I can share the videos on FB, but not here. When I try, I get this popup ...

received_1654178094790440.jpeg

I've tried different compressors, converters to no avail. I even tried my laptop. Then, the extension message is blocked, so I can't see what extensions are allowed. Any ideas ?

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
@Outdoorsfellar do you like the camera now? Was it a firmware update? Currently looking at adding a couple to my arsenal but after reading several early reviews I’m thinking I may be better off waiting for the Tactacams to become in stock again at the shop I work at. How’s the battery life? Thanks

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Yep. I think the forum only supports upload of image files. Video files are too large and would blow out the server's space if they were to host them like pics. Best bet is to host them on YT or some other video hosting site and then link to them here.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
@Outdoorsfellar do you like the camera now? Was it a firmware update? Currently looking at adding a couple to my arsenal but after reading several early reviews I’m thinking I may be better off waiting for the Tactacams to become in stock again at the shop I work at. How’s the battery life? Thanks
It's probably too early to tell for sure, but so far so good. They sent me a replacement Delta which replaced the original Delta that replaced my X6000. I kinda like my Delta's day time pics better than my Tactacam. As much as we were displeased with the Delta, I've had no problems....yet. There's no firmware update yet they told me one is coming, they just don't know when.

Last edited:
Reactions: TinyTucky

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok.... the Delta's videos are only 15 sec. No other option for that. Surprisingly, Youtube downloads them very quickly.

I've been having yotes come thru recently & was able to get one on video . This is right behind my neighbor's house where I have one of my popups in the corner of the yard ....

Then, I lowered the cam yesterday with hopes of getting a better video of them, but better chance of the IRs spooking , but along came Mr Cam Ham. He was all over & a # of cams caught him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think they have to be hosted somewhere else, that the site does not act as a host for videos that is. Links to videos is all I think that will work.
Yep. I think the forum only supports upload of image files. Video files are too large and would blow out the server's space if they were to host them like pics. Best bet is to host them on YT or some other video hosting site and then link to them here.

Correct and correct. They need to be hosted somewhere else due to the massive amounts of storage space we would require to host videos.