Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Video footage of my buck from Riser cam anyone?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure I am going to get this right, but will try. I uploaded the video of my kill on youtube. The camera does pretty good unless the batteries are low. Then it gets grainy. Guess what? The batteries were low! arrrrrrgh! Oh well, at least you can see him rubbing on the tree and can see my bow point to the sky while I drew. ahaaha

[video=youtube;NY6ZrCpgNZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6ZrCpgNZc[/video]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Now that I know how to upload to youtube, maybe I will get the grey fox video uploaded and some of the smaller bucks I passed on this year. I still have some footage of somebody arrowing a groundhog out of a tree earlier this year too! The other videos will give you a pretty good idea of what the camera is capable of shooting. The only downfall is there is no way to know whether the batteries are low or not (at least none I have read). Had I known they were low, and I was going to shoot a buck last night, they would have been charged. aaargh. Oh well, kind of a nice touch to the first archery buck kill for me even if it is grainy.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Very cool. What is the setup on this system? I want to get set up the same way, clue me in on this riser cam you speak of and where do you get it? Looks like something worth spending some money on.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Roscoby Riser Cam. I believe they have a gun mount for it too. It screws on where your stabilizer on the bow would normally mount. If you do a google search, I think one of my buddies said he saw them for $141. I paid $150 for mine, but I know they retail around $300. He priced them yesterday after watching the footage from mine. I need to download some of the other videos to share. This one is actually not great in my opinion.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey Phil. I don't think it's the batteries that make the footage grainy like that. I think it's the low light conditions. I remember reading somewhere that they do that. Anyway kick ass footage none the less. He picked him out a hoss of a tree to rub.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey Phil. I don't think it's the batteries that make the footage grainy like that. I think it's the low light conditions. I remember reading somewhere that they do that. Anyway kick ass footage none the less. He picked him out a hoss of a tree to rub.

I think you're right, Joe. My i-Kam extreme video glasses do the same exact thing when lighting is shitty. In fact, when it gets fairly dark yet light enough to see just fine, the video turns out to be almost pitch black.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I really think this is a low battery issue. I know what you mean when it is light enough to see with your eyes, but the camera is just black. I will download some other videos for reference.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Okay guys, here is the deal. In an effort to expand our business, and satisfy some of the wants of people on here, let me do some research. I will contact Roscoby and see how many units or dollars in inventory is necessary to become setup as an authorized Roscoby dealer. I don't care if I break even on them. If we can pick up enough to become established as a dealer and you guys are able to buy them at my cost (on the initial order) then this could work out pretty good. I will look them up after Thanksgiving and see what I can do.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Okay guys, here is the deal. In an effort to expand our business, and satisfy some of the wants of people on here, let me do some research. I will contact Roscoby and see how many units or dollars in inventory is necessary to become setup as an authorized Roscoby dealer. I don't care if I break even on them. If we can pick up enough to become established as a dealer and you guys are able to buy them at my cost (on the initial order) then this could work out pretty good. I will look them up after Thanksgiving and see what I can do.

Keep us posted.