Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vintage Reels

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here's an old Oren O Mactic fly reel by South Bend from around 1960... Used to dabble a little with flys back then... This thread makes me wish I'd kept more of my Dad's poles and reels...

Attachments

• PXL_20220120_220529671.jpg
    PXL_20220120_220529671.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 75

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Here's an old Oren O Mactic fly reel by South Bend from around 1960... Used to dabble a little with flys back then... This thread makes me wish I'd kept more of my Dad's poles and reels...
My grandfather had one that resembled that but was green in color. He also had just the standard crank one. Had a bamboo fly rod too go with them.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
My grandfather had one that resembled that but was green in color. He also had just the standard crank one. Had a bamboo fly rod too go with them.
I had a bamboo fly rod too... Some guy liked it and wanted to buy it... I gave it to him... I still have a bunch of flys somewhere... Would love to hit a mountain stream again for natives...

Reactions: Bankfish and "J"

Fletch

Supporting Member
You guys do know that 99% of the members on this site we're still swimming upstream destination unknown when these reels were in production...:ROFLMAO: