Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

waiting on inconsiderate people

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just complaining here. We are not open on Sundays. Only day I get with my family. Had a guy request 2 yards of mulch at 4pm. Okay. Told him I would meet him. Take another call. Cool, at least now I am loading up two people at four. Wife and kids are at the park. I was here at 345 and did some tidying up a bit. Neither showed. Just irritating. Screw them and the $40 I would have made off the 5yds of mulch. This is ridiculous. Just had to vent. Feel better now. Think I am heading home to let Hank swim for awhile. Time to enjoy myself. Wife and kids will be home soon. Grilling time!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I hear ya Hicks! See that was kind of what I was bitching about on FB last night. I should have worded it a little better, I was not bitching about people not replying on my FB, it was there are 2 women that have contacted me ( they are "Friends" ) asking me for help with certain things, I help them out and donot get a thank you or reply. Just pissed me off. One told me she is so busy but yet I see her posting other stuff. Screw dem two, I am done. I am venting just like you my brother. I was brought up better then these people. If any thing I get razzed for saying "Thank You", "Your Welcome" way too much. Oh well.

Hang in there Mr. Hickslawns. We are a dying breed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry they inconvenienced you on your down day..... people really suck at times... one thing I always do is make a point to be there if we set a time or definitely call and change the time....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
With 2 you would have thought at least one would show. :smiley_boos:

Seems like the people that demand the most are the most likely not to appreciate it when you go out of your way for them.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
It's amazing how people these days will tell you one thing and it turn out to be a blatant lie, hope you got to enjoy the rest of your day!!

epe

Lancaster
I hate when people on Craigslist list say they will take something, then never show, or call- email back.

sent from my HTC evo

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hate when people on Craigslist list say they will take something, then never show, or call- email back.

sent from my HTC evo

The same as any retailer in the world operates. " The first person who puts cash in my hand, takes it home." If that doesn't motivate them enough to get a move on. They didn't want it anyway. In the end it doesn't matter to me who buys it. My first priority is selling it.

That my friend is the best way to do business on CL. Hold nothing for nobody, tell nobody it's spoken for... Tell them all. "First one who puts cash in my hand takes it.."

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Selling a truck or piece of equipment is the worst. I have been stood up so many times on this stuff I just don't know what to think. Anymore, if someone is driving from out of town I simply tell them to call when they are on the road or if hours away, to call when they are an hour out.

I guess it is just frustrating because I was hesitant with the first one but said I would do it. When the second one called, I thought "Cool, seems more worth it now." Two no-shows? Dang. No excuses. I was behind the mulch pits with the roto-tiller and some pumpkins I was planting, so it is possible they pulled in and didn't see me. I highly doubt it though because the Jeep was sitting out there and I had the Bobcat warming up. Nobody is going to pull into this setup and think "Gee, must not be here."

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That my friend is the best way to do business on CL. Hold nothing for nobody, tell nobody it's spoken for... Tell them all. "First one who puts cash in my hand takes it.."

Yup... After I got burnt a few times with "no shows" when trying to be a nice guy by holding stuff, I always clarify in my posts exactly what you said. It tends to motivate people to get on it, or it'll be sold to somebody else.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry TOO hear that Phil! People like that annoy me to no end! They could have at least given you a call to cancel but they took the low road apparently.