Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Water glassing eggs

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So i tried water glassing some of our fresh eggs this fall. Used up some tonight from September and made scrambled eggs. Tasted normal, smelled normal, yolks broke a little easy.

Followed this page basically

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
That's insane a guy at work was just telling me about this the other day Ive never tried it but it sounds like it's definitely worth looking into!

Reactions: 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
My grandma and aunt have waterglassed eggs as long as I can remember and the only issue I've seen is occasionally you get a bad one (prolly an older egg that didn't get found for a few days). This is not a problem as long as you are cracking them into separate bowls. If you're cooking and drop one into the batch, well....lol

Reactions: ThatBuckeyeGuy

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
We used another 2+ dozen for a few dishes for my daughter's birthday party today. They would have been gathered in October. The only thing is the yolks are fragile and break easily when you crank them into a bowl.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I used a few wide mouth quart mason jars, can only get 9 or so in them. I bought 6 2 quart mason jars for this reason for next year. I also bought a few of these because I'm only looking for air tight and they've worked well.

Screenshot_20230219_165743_Google.jpg