Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

well, she's mad.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The missus and I were talking the other night and she told me she wanted to go to hocking hills the weekend before her birthday. her birthday is sept. 29th. that means she wants to go on the freakin 24th!!!

I looked at her kinda funny and explained to her what else is happening that day....

you can imagine how well that went over.:smiley_blackeye:

As of right now the plan is to be in stand at sunrise, hunt till about 9:30 or so, come home change and head to hocking hills.

I wonder how well it will go over if I shoot one that morning and have to get that all dealt with before we go.

Heyyy..... I bet I could talk her into renting a cabin. then I could hunt the evening and following morning in hocking hills!:smiley_chinrub::smiley_devil:

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Oh man, that's a tough one. Sounds like a good plan. I feel for you because I have a wedding that I have to be in on November 12, which is right in the middle of when I was planning to take my week off work and hunt every day. I had the same deal with my lady. Explained to her how inconveniently timed her brother's wedding was, and then got about the same response you did.:smiley_blackeye:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Back in the 80's, bow season opened the first Saturday in October... My wedding was October 5, opening day... I intended to hunt that morning or at least hunt my way to our country church about 1 1/2 miles due east. As it worked out it was raining HARD that morning and I passed.
My wife and I joke about our "annual divorce" during deer season each year but after 25 years of marriage and 5 years of dating before that its something she has come to accept as the way it is.
Occasionally she will "forget" the day and we but heads. I still go but some years there is a price. A couple of years I have passed going out because of high temps. (shamefully I then did something with her "because of all the past years I went out regardless of what she wanted to do that day...")

Conditioned response; somewhat
Good wife; absolutely.

Hope things settle down for ya. Your not alone.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Goodluck working the schedules out to keep the wife happy and still get in the woods. I had family on my wife's side schedule weddings this year for 9/24 and 10/1. Both are out of town. Luckily the 9/24 has been postponed :)

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's amazing how deer hunting runs our lives!
I'd be pulling the same shit.

My wife said there's a possibility she may win a vacation for 2 to New Orleans through this Pampered Chef thing she does on the side. The dates? Nov. 16ish

No frigging way!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I feel ya brother..... My best friend told me yesterday that he is getting MARRIED........ on Sept 24! FML! I said are you F'n kidding me, dont you know ill be hunting that day. His response was... Well I kinda need you to be my best man!

Looks like Ill be in the pengiun suit on Sept 24th!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fugg that... I can;t count the times I have told mine... It's opening day.. It only happens once a year. One day. There is no tomorrow. No later.. No next time.. It's OPENING day.. Short of the Archangel Gabriel parting the skies I DON't Miss opening day. And if there is a wedding in November. They get a card. If they get pissed we'll try not scheduling your wedding during deer season... Funny. Up here that seems to be a common occurrence. Back home, weddings, family reunions, vacations etc are all planned outside hunting season. The quickest way to have 75% of people a no show is to schedule that during season.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Here is what you do buddy.

Tell her you already had something special planed out and that by doing it her way it will mess up your plans that you had for her.

Take her out on Thursday the 29th Pick her some wildflowers, take her for a great dinner, movie (chick flick), and a romp in the hay when you get home. Get up on the 30th and take off for hocking hills.

Easy as that buddy. She will be so blown away that you had made special plans for her that she won't want to mess them up so she can see what you had planed.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
You poor guys, My wife plans 2 weeks of her vacation for opening day for deer and opening day for turkey. I think she looks forword to it more then I do now.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I feel your pain. My wife's friend, bridezilla, is getting married october freekin 29th. I got invited to the bachelor party opening day of bow and I can't go hunt in the morning cuz I coach. Kids trick or treat in our neighborhood is the 27th and the rehersal and dinner is the 28th. Thanks bridezilla. As they don't want kids at the rehersal because God might be mad about the kids interupting some prayer vigil going on at the same time, I volunteered to watch them...read.drop them off at mom's..and miss the rehersal, such a shame.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang Boone! That sucks!!! Our parent teacher conferences always fall on Wed and Thurs of the second week of Nov.
You wanna talk about being like a caged lion. I'm stuck after work until after dark and no parents even come. I'm ready to kill somebody by the end of the evening while my thoughts are in my tree stand.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Here is what you do buddy.

Tell her you already had something special planed out and that by doing it her way it will mess up your plans that you had for her.

Take her out on Thursday the 29th Pick her some wildflowers, take her for a great dinner, movie (chick flick), and a romp in the hay when you get home. Get up on the 30th and take off for hocking hills.

Easy as that buddy. She will be so blown away that you had made special plans for her that she won't want to mess them up so she can see what you had planed.

yeah but the 29th is a thursday and I'm off on fridays.

guess what I'm gonna be doing first thing friday morning. cant stay up late, I might not be able to get up early enough.

I wonder if that will piss her off TOO!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
yeah but the 29th is a thursday and I'm off on fridays.

guess what I'm gonna be doing first thing friday morning. cant stay up late, I might not be able to get up early enough.

I wonder if that will piss her off TOO!

You can still do all that Thursday night after work. On your way home stop off and pick some wildflowers just off the roadway. Come home present flowers and shower quick and right back out for a quick dinner and a movie. Go home have a quick romp and hit the sheets. Then she won't mind sleeping in a little bit Friday morning lol. 5hr energy or mini thins do wonders lol.