Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

We're TOO Good: 2010-2011 Kill Thread

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Really?!? No deer died this weekend. I know my excuse. What's everyone else's?!?! ;)

Hoot killed one :D.

I only got to go on Saturday. I guess I didn't score enough brownie points with the boss to be able to pull an all day sit on Saturday and get to go again on Sunday lol. I could have killed a doe but I let her and the little spotted fawn she had walk. I will get a chance again soon enough on another deer.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Opening day buck shot at 8:15am, can't post the story till tonite but it was a helluva day! Helluva weekend actually

Photo0153.jpg

And I shot a varmint raccoon when I got home that was rootin garbage and terrorizing my cat

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
What broadhead did you use to punch out that shoulder blade?
Did you get a pass thru?

He was quartering-to...slicktrick 100g, Horton xbow, 20yds uphill from my ground blind
found the arrow about 30 yrds up the hill, covered in blood end to end (musta richocheted up)
Here's the exit wound...

Photo0155exitwound.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Those Trix are good heads. That's a good proof story right there.

Yep. Not every head can pass through the paddle and out right in front the hindquarter. That's probably 75% the length of the deer that thing went through... I keep telling you guys.. I don't worry about this bone or that anymore. See the exit and let her rip.

Hey Dan what did the head look like? Got a pic of it?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gern- You are teasing us too. I am just feeling good about seeing 3 bucks in one hunt, and one trespassing sign hanging four wheeler ride. All three were better than the 3 bucks I saw ALL of last year. Congrats to those with one less tag!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I will post my opening day kill sometime tomorrow:smiley_bril::smiley_bril:

Here it is....

Sucker was chomping down on my bait pile, had no choice but to take him out! 15 yard shot straight on and he was standing straight up with a red apple between his paws!

I will guarantee he weighed all of 14 lbs. because I carried him out of there to keep the buzzards away.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Here it is....

Sucker was chomping down on my bait pile, had no choice but to take him out! 15 yard shot straight on and he was standing straight up with a red apple between his paws!

I will guarantee he weighed all of 14 lbs. because I carried him out of there to keep the buzzards away.

Fugger!!!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Well, I put my time in Saturday morning and Sunday morning and evening......only saw 2 yearling dear. The damn racoons are out of control around here, must have seen over 20 of them on Sunday alone.