Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Westfield Pennsylvania flooding

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
IMG_4812.jpeg
IMG_4813.png
IMG_4814.png
IMG_4816.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg
IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4818.jpeg
IMG_4821.jpeg
IMG_4819.jpeg
IMG_4820.jpeg

The place I go up in Pennsylvania several times a year was on the weather channel….remnants from Debbie flooded the town. My buddy has a camp there and I’m looking to buy a camp in the same area. Great trout fishing there. I’ve been to every place shown in these pictures. Unimaginable how high the water came up…some of these creeks were a good 20-30’ below the bridges before the flooding came. I’ll post more pics….

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn, sorry to see these pictures. Hopefully no loss of life amongst all that. Is there a history of this happening in the past, George?

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Damn, sorry to see these pictures. Hopefully no loss of life amongst all that. Is there a history of this happening in the past, George?
They’ve had the rivers come up over their banks many times but not like this. The area is basically a valley with a main road (Rt 49) going through it with towns popping up every 5-20 miles. Very rural and mountainous. Most side roads are unpaved. Heavy rains lead to the streams rising and dumping into bigger streams which eventually end up along the river which runs mostly alongside the main road. 3 years ago they had some flooding that washed out some back roads and flooded a golf course. People there say they’ve never seen it this bad.

• Sad
Reactions: "J"

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I feel bad for the people that live there as there isn’t a lot of work unless you’re a dairy farmer or work for a utility. Almost everyone you pass while driving down the backroads will wave to you. Very friendly people in that area.

Reactions: "J"