Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What can I expect ?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
What can I expect from this buck this year. I don't know if his base is a indication of a nice rack or not.

Last year there were 2 bucks w/ small mass (4-6 pt.) and 2 big boys that only showed up at 2-3AM on the Bushnell. They had nice mass for my area and sported 10-12 pt. racks.

Any of you have any input? I just don't know...

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
He will look just fine on the plate lol. I don't think it will have a lot of mass and probably going to be a small 6 - 8pt. I don't remember what your regulars look like so, you might just have to make a call when he walks under you lol. Not every property will hold a monster and so we have to go by what we regularly see on our places and judge each on their own accord. Good luck with them and I hope you can land a good one.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He's just a young buck(1.5 yr. old IMO) but I'm sure you'll have some big boys coming around later. Great pictures though and thanks for sharing.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Nice pics....He looks young..No mass...I d say he may reach 100"'s. However, JD wouldnt be so generous:smiley_bril:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
At this point, He's all I got so untill something better comes along, I'll watch him grow...
Here he is as well as some of his friends a week or 2 later.
Dang I love that Bushnell.:smiley_clap:

His Sister-

Smudged up the camera...next days picts were fuzzy...

Still in night mode...

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Gotta love the trophy cams! its early and big ones are hard to locate and pattern unless they are already coming in, so dont give up yet

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Here are a few recient picts. of a deer I call " Pig Ear" ( beacuse in a early pict. I had of him , his ear was lit from the sun and it looked like the pig ears I give my dog to chew on)

Going to high ground

"what the hell???

Where is Red Cloud?...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
lol. You need any help with those coons you just let me know buddy :D.

Greatpics CJD. Did the hen have any poults yet ? I haven't seen any tailing here yet even though I know some nests that had eggs in them.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Adam, No poults, No fawns ( but I know there are 3 somewhere... fawns:smiley_baby: ) Just about 6-7 adult coons and now 2 baby coons have shown up... Dang, I really need to coon house clean.
They are causin me "dried whole corn crop dammage..." Taking the food away from my poor winter starved deer and turks. :smiley_chinrub:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam, No poults, No fawns ( but I know there are 3 somewhere... fawns:smiley_baby: ) Just about 6-7 adult coons and now 2 baby coons have shown up... Dang, I really need to coon house clean.
They are causin me "dried whole corn crop dammage..." Taking the food away from my poor winter starved deer and turks. :smiley_chinrub:

So what your saying is that the coon are being a NUISANCE and you need a person with a permit to take care of the problem animals huh lol. I think I know a guy that could do that as long as he gets to fish in the lake, talk to the landowners over a weekend, and sit around a good campfire lol.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Sounds like a deal to me...:pickle:
... a permit. hummmm. never considered that. do permits kill coon faster ?:smiley_chinrub: