Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do for the deer today?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Trophy Rocks work good. They stay in a rock longer if you can keep them up off the ground. I got one on a stump that lasts a long time.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20170321_181211.jpg
Trophy rock and Lucky buck today. This stump is held up with a couple pieces of angle iron and screws.

20170321_175907.jpg

Look who showed up while I was dumping the minerals. 30 yds and just stood there while I talked to her for about five minutes

I wonder how much difference is between a Trophy Rock and a mineral block say at TSC. I picked up a couple mineral blocks this last time around as I wanted something to still be there at the end of the week/month because they work the bag mineral and corn over so fast. Paid $5.99 each.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I wonder how much difference is between a Trophy Rock and a mineral block say at TSC. I picked up a couple mineral blocks this last time around as I wanted something to still be there at the end of the week/month because they work the bag mineral and corn over so fast. Paid $5.99 each.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Is that PVC pipe on the feeder legs? If it is, is it effective keeping the coons off?
These are helping a lot. There is a "clamp" at the bottom so the PVC can spin. Some do still get up but the prints are much less now.
I just talked to a fella who claims to have solved his coon problem. (He is not a bullshitter either) They mounted a 4" x 6" treated post into the ground and put a 10' (said 8 may work) piece of PVC on the post. Then mounted the feeder above the PVC on the side of the post. Said there is NO COON PRINTS on the PVC after 2 months.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20150901_181804.jpg

This one keeps the coons out. Feeder has changed (Gravity feed now) but the barrel us upside down and coons can't get around.

Last edited: