Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do for the deer today?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Resprayed the Runway and Pond Holler plots today, and hit the North Ridge plot for the first time. I haven't planted it for several years, but the fancy struck me this year. Nothing fancy, just a throw 'n grow style planting, but it'll add some green browse to an oak ridge that won't have many acorns from the looks of it. Still debating on what to plan in the other 2.

20200705_124932.jpg
20200705_115821.jpg
20200705_115206.jpg

Was a busy weekend trying to get caught up on projects at the farm. Ended up getting a Guide Gear sprayer from Sportsman’s Guide. It worked perfectly on 3 plot locations and a few trails that needed a little help. It’s got the single boom sprayer out the backside as well as the spot sprayer. I’d say on open ground it easily sprayed a 12 ft wide swath. Through brush it went well beyond the width of the 4 wheeler.
1595876938141.jpeg
1595877116381.jpeg

Next on our plate was treestands. We got 3 of the 21’ double rail stands from Sportsman’s Guide and over the last week Allen and I painted them. We took all 3 down knowing we likely wouldn’t get them all up but at least they’re there.
1595877330240.jpeg

We did end up putting one up for Allen in a spot he had wanted a stand in that overlooked the one soybean field. We always travel in style doing our projects and here’s a pic off a trail camera as we went by LOL! Hopefully you can spot Allen in the trailer!
1595877522395.jpeg

It was tough and definitely a 3 person job to get it up. Yes my wife Terry even helped.
1595877607416.jpeg
1595877628174.jpeg

I’ll have to get better pics of it from the field next time we get down. Other than that we did our usual freshen up of minerals and some corn.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Swapped two camera cards yesterday. Replaced batteries in one down to a bar. The other showed full battery. Deployed 2 more. Today a buddy went out with me. He wanted to put corn in his feeder over by his stand. He put up a new camera there. We checked 3 stands and cleaned up shooting lanes. Confirmed one stand needs to be replaced. Picked out a tree for an additional stand. Fairly productive weekend prepping for deer season.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Was a busy weekend trying to get caught up on projects at the farm. Ended up getting a Guide Gear sprayer from Sportsman’s Guide. It worked perfectly on 3 plot locations and a few trails that needed a little help. It’s got the single boom sprayer out the backside as well as the spot sprayer. I’d say on open ground it easily sprayed a 12 ft wide swath. Through brush it went well beyond the width of the 4 wheeler.
View attachment 105962View attachment 105963
Next on our plate was treestands. We got 3 of the 21’ double rail stands from Sportsman’s Guide and over the last week Allen and I painted them. We took all 3 down knowing we likely wouldn’t get them all up but at least they’re there. View attachment 105964
We did end up putting one up for Allen in a spot he had wanted a stand in that overlooked the one soybean field. We always travel in style doing our projects and here’s a pic off a trail camera as we went by LOL! Hopefully you can spot Allen in the trailer!
View attachment 105965
It was tough and definitely a 3 person job to get it up. Yes my wife Terry even helped.
View attachment 105966View attachment 105967
I’ll have to get better pics of it from the field next time we get down. Other than that we did our usual freshen up of minerals and some corn.
How many gallons does that sprayer hold?