Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Huckleberry Finn

Read TOO?

Play tetris?

Listen to music?

I worked an 8 hour day at my 'real' job, worked 4 hours in the 90 degree heat on the farm, made dinner, did the dishes, drank 2 beers, and I still can't fall asleep!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is where i ended up. lol

Actually, after working on hot asphalt all day I am a lobster. Crashed at 9pm with the kids and just woke up a little bit ago. My sleep schedule sucks.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Cmon Huck.....a single guy like yourself should be able to make a booty call and get some quick relief to make you sleepy.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
After a follow-up here, I usually go on a U-tube rampage. It never ceases to amaze me what people will put on there.:smiley_crocodile:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Usually the 2 beer method works for me, but lately I've been having no problem getting sleep. Been leaving the house at 6:30 and not getting home til 9 or 10 so I'm usually dead tired.

If I absolutely have to get to sleep and I can't, I will take a quick shot of Nyquil, but usually I just read TOO or watch TV.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
melatonin, available in the supplement isle.

Every so often, when my stress level is particularly high, I will go weeks without being able to fall asleep at a descent hour. Melatonin was the best cure I found...I take it for about a week and then after that I'm back on a normal schedule.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
melatonin, available in the supplement isle.

Just make sure you have the availability of 8 hours of sleep...... I do that and if I don't get 8 hours I feel like I've been out drinking all night..... Wake up in a fog for hours lol..... Shit works though.....

Buckmaster

Portage
Oh, I just remembered....when I can't sleep I occassionally grab the wife's T or A. That really P's her off. Give it try and see the test of love :)