Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

what do you do?

what do you do, climb down or wait?

• screw em, climb down

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • wait em out

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
so you are in your stand, legal light has just ended, and there are deer all around you. Do you climb down and head for the house and take a chance on spooking them from that spot. or do you sit and wait until they move on no matter how long that might take?

I ask this because its happened to me twice in 3 hunts.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
wait...and wait.....and wait.....sometimes i pick up acorns if i am hunting a flat and i take them up a tree with me and if i get in that situation i wait till it is pitch black and start chucking them at them...they usually move on after getting pelted..walnuts work good too.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I've done both. These days its a lot easyer for me to wait em out. I'm old and its to much work to have to move a stand and I put to much thought into which tree would be the best. I hate moving unless I'm busted.

badger

*Supporting Member*
I wait em out when at all possible.

I've also chucked acorns and sticks at them.

Never thought about turning on the light and shooting them thanks Geezer-dang :smiley_breakdance:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I use the Primos app on my iPhone and play the coyote howl. Before I had that, I'd snort at them. I ain't waiting; when it's beer-thirty it's beer-thirty, so get to stepping! Blowing on your grunt call works well too.