Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What have I done?

Creamer

Athens
Private land doe...just a reminder. I know you’ve done a ton of public land hunting this year. Hate to see you make a mistake.

(Or did they lift that rule? I honestly haven’t looked because I haven’t touched public land.)

Yep, private. I'm checking a camera out there today, it's been soaking for 5 weeks.

Reactions: giles

Creamer

Athens
Season is already a huge success, this is just icing.

I haven't learned this much in one season of hunting...probably ever. I might get tempted to try and kill a doe in muzzleloader, but we'll see. I really want another shot opportunity with the recurve.

Reactions: giles

Creamer

Athens
You could always make me a deer call if you’re that bored. 😉

I'm working out the mental gymnastics portion of how to make one to match the new custom bow I just ordered.

Yea, I did a thing.

Creamer

Athens
I threw out a bunch of rotten cuties a few days ago. When I was shooting yesterday, I grabbed one and sat it on my deer target for some "aim small miss small" shooting. I frustratingly had about a half dozen near hits from 18 yards.

Then I skinned it.

And the very next shot was a center punch that I ended on.

Creamer

Athens
When I went to retrieve a trail cam on Saturday, I looked one more time for an arrow I had lost taking an "I'm not seeing any deer" frustration shot at a squirrel. I shot just over the squirrel and the arrow went down into a little depression/ditch area. I swear I never heard it hit any trees, and I just assumed the arrow should have been on the ground somewhere, but I hadn't found it in two attempts to find it. Turns out, I did need to look upward. :LOL:

Creamer

Athens
I spent a week in Florida with family, away from the bow. First shooting after a week off, my windage was good, elevation was a little off. I shot low for about the first half dozen shots, then overcorrected and missed high on a few, then seemed to get settled back in.