Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What is your hunting setup and why?

What is your go to treestand setup?

• Total voters

Kujo

Maumee, OH
I am cheap, so I use an old tv tower and a used hang on stand. total was $26.50 for the stand an all the straps. plus, I don't think anyone will want to steal that piece of shit!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
You know that feeling you get when you hanging a stand before season and step in it for the first time right away. You have bent knees, You are as close to the tree as possible, Not sure about it yet, baby steps to turn etc... Then after you hunt it a few times you notice you're just standing up there, turning around, and it's just as comfortable as you would be on the ground.. You trust it now. Yeah.. With a Mobile setup you never get that luxury. Every time you hunt it is the first time since it was put up., And put up in the dark none the less. Getting past that initial uneasy feeling with a new setup is the hardest part to being mobile.

You're not kidding, I put the TV antenna tower up and my hang on, and when I climbed up there and sat down I was pretty nervous. After a minute or two of being up there it got better, but I am 30 feet up the tree. Its nice to be up in the canopies more than in the middle. I have clear shots all over, so I did'nt have to cut anything. But I know exactly what you are talking about..

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
You're not kidding, I put the TV antenna tower up and my hang on, and when I climbed up there and sat down I was pretty nervous. After a minute or two of being up there it got better, but I am 30 feet up the tree. Its nice to be up in the canopies more than in the middle. I have clear shots all over, so I did'nt have to cut anything. But I know exactly what you are talking about..

I might be retarded but as soon as my belt is hooked I generally have no worries.

Buckmaster

Portage
We have 15 ladder stands, some portable, some permanent, and 3 ground blinds setup across 3,500 acres. We instituted a 4 point on one side antler restriction 2 years ago so this is year 3 of the program. I'm hopeful there should be some dandys surfacing this season. :smiley_breakdance:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Personally have not hung a new stand this year. I might end up kicking myself later. I am going to try for the LW sticks/Millenium on nearly all my hunts this year. On my buddy's new property I have dubbed "Farm East", I sold him a 16' Tripod, a 2 man ladder stand, and a 22' ladder stand which we haven't even hung yet. Stinkin' surveyors were still in there today and have been dinking around so long finishing up the official closing hasn't taken place. Therefore, none of these has been hung yet. The tripod in fields of CRP should be nice, but I have never used one. I will let you know how that works out in the conditions we have to hunt. Might be the best thing since sliced bread. Limited on trees in the open areas.

tuffshot

The Crew
I use a climber, reason, don't own any property. Mobility is key.
I used to use a lock on stand and pole climbers, very mobile. If I can loose about 10 more pounds I make break that set up out again.

I use both.
I use the LW sticks and a Mellemiun stand in the Fleming Style on privite property and our farm. It is a more comfortable stand than my LW climber and its easier to get up and down the tree. We have a double ladder stand on the farm as well.
I use my LW climber on public land and at my Girlfriend's farm because its right in Pickerington and people steal stuff from there all the time.