Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What now?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
The season's not even out yet and I'm itching to go hunting again! :smiley_coolpeace:

I doubt I go out but one more time this year and it'll just be me going through the motions just for the sake of it. I don't need to kill any more deer, nor want to, but I haven't sat in a tree since November 8th!

Anyone started making moves for next year already?

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Dude, thats a long time to not be hunting......I am pretty much done myself. I might try to go one more time with dale. I would like to get something on film this year. If not no biggie next year will be better by far. I wont let my stupid self get in the way.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm still hunting the rest of the season out hard, need some more does. But this summer the preparation for next season will be greater than previous years, im gonna dedicate way more time with trail cams and scouting. I finally have my climber figured out so that will also be used next year..i cant wait for early mid november though!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I'm still hunting a couple times a week. I don't need anymore meat but if Ihave tags and feel I am not hurting the population in my areas I can't stop killing them. I gave Hunter's muzzy kill to a buddy that went deerless this year. Another buddy hurt his foot and has not been able to hunt, so if I connect on another it will go to him.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
After hunting the same property for 5 years I think I finally found the last piece to the puzzle that will change my buck hunting forever on this ground. I just need to trim a path through some thick stuff for me to walk, hang a stand, and Im ready to go. My buddy and I decided to only allow doe kills the first week of season.

Im pretty sure my buddy blew this buck out, but the pictures still remain to haunt me, and I sure as hell hope he comes back. I literally go to bed thinking about this deer, and I'm always evaluating in my head all the time what I did wrong not to kill this dude before gun season.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Im pretty sure my buddy blew this buck out, but the pictures still remain to haunt me, and I sure as hell hope he comes back. I literally go to bed thinking about this deer, and I'm always evaluating in my head all the time what I did wrong not to kill this dude before gun season.

Been down that road dude! It will eat at you forever if you don't kill him. Best of luck preventing that!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
This summers preparation will be intense. I really wantto step up my shooting skills. I want to be stacking arrows in a cup at 70 yards by summers end. I am going to be puling all the stands off the property and really studying it and figuring out where things need to be. Trail cameras will be coming into play. I plan on getting two this summer. I need to step things up and figure that place out.

Iam going to be knocking on some doors and getting some other options as well. I need to be bale to go to other places when things dry up at one.

Turkey season is a lock this year. I have a great turkey spot and will be getting one on film. Everything will be on film hopefully this year. Next year it will be great....( I sound like a browns fan LOL)

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Been thinking about the same stuff Jesse...

I'd like to get a doe down before things come to a complete end in a few weeks, but I've had so much fun chasin' geese that deer have taken the back seat. I'll probably plan for one or two more bow hunts, but what ever happens I've had a blast hunting this year.

Gift baskets & Thank You cards will be going out to be delivered to landowners in February.

Next year is always on my mind. I need to start my planning new properties I'd like to try and gain access to. Then start knocking on doors this spring and see where that goes.

Lots of stuff to do.... little time to do all that I'd like.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yotes and sheds! that is what I am hunting. I have gotten out to check out the traffic patterns in the snow as much as possible this month. So in this respect, i am already planning next season. I have one property with some major renovations taking place. Time will tell on that one, but there will be some new stands up in mid summer there. The other main property I will be hanging a couple permanent hang-ons rather than lumping stands in and out. For now, yotes and sheds! I will be hunting hard!

Diablo54

Outside
Maybe if we have a few snow days next week and if the grounds frozen enough I will be down with the skid steer making our plots a little bit bigger.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Will be hunting Sunday for sure, maybe Saturday as well.
Will hunt Sat 29th.
Probably the next weekend too.
Then coyotes.
Then turkeys.
Early season was really good for me, haven't been as active and/or successful since the rut.
I'd like to get on the board one more time, and keep the meat.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I haven't been in a treestand since just before gun season came in... which is a long time. The property I hunt just usually isn't worth a shit after the guns start going off, so finding the motivation to get out there with my bow is hard to come by. I will probably go out one or two more times before the season ends I guess. I don't know... I've got the ice fishing bug pretty bad right now!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am going out this Sunday for one last time to try and get a hunt on film and a deer on the ground. I WANT SOME DEER MEAT!! i got some stinking recipies I want to try out..