Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What release do you use?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just strictly out of curiosity :smiley_chinrub:. What release if any do you use? Do you want a different one and why? Do you carry a back up?

I'll go first. I have my main release which is a Scott Itty Bitty Goose. I love it. For a back up I have a TRU Ball Pro Diamond and a leather finger tab.

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Stan Shootoff Quattro

Love the release, wouldn't use another.
Roger that. You don't know the meaning of smooth and crips in regards to a release until you've shot a Stan...
100% agree. Thanks to Jesse and Greg for the advice, I'm shooting a Stan this season, too. Hands down, it's the best release I've ever used/tried. My accuracy and consistency have increased ten-fold since getting my new setup. I'm sure the bow and accessories have a lot to do with that, but the Shootoff quattro has probably helped the most IMO. That being said, I will still carry my Scott wrist-strap release in my pack in case I lose the Stan... boy would that be fuggin' unfortunate!

I have a Stan MicroIII Smoothie back tension for target . Then for hunting I have a Stan Shootoff and Tru-ball Pro Diamond EXTREME. For back I have a SCOTT LIL goose release for a loaner and for teaching people how to shoot. I have this fear of putting a strapless hand held release in a new shooters hands and watching it smack into the riser of one of my bows. I should have shot more releases before buying the Tru-Ball PDE because I basicaly wasted a 100 bucks on a something I never used very long.

Last edited:

Mao

Coshocton, OH
i have tried a few different ones.... hate the thumb releases... scared of back tensions... and tried the high end wrist straps.... but for me, nothing compares to my cheapie truball $25.00 stinger or sting ray... whatever its called.. i guess i am just to used to it and wont try anything different which is surprising considering how fast i go through bows..