Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What was your first rabbit gun?

Floki

My very first rabbit gun, was a plastic dart gun. It was orange and had A right t hook pattern to it.

That’s how I learned to rabbit hunt. Me dad and my uncles and a few of their buddies would go out. Get set up. Etc and hunt. Learned when to shoot when not to shoot.

One day I almost damn near hit a rabbit with it. Shortly after the fact I got a 4/10 single shot wanting to say a H&R. (Possibly New England) I still have it. Have to look. If I were going to bet I’d say H&R. (Also had the 760 crossman pumpmaster🤙🏻)

Bowkills

Nw oh
Grand dad bought this at Kenton in the summertime when I was 11 handed it to me, "merry Christmas." I walked around there all day telling people it's not for sale. Proud kid. 22 years ago. made in Brazil 410. My boy will get it here before long.
IMG_20181024_072634.jpg

Big H

Medina
Stevens side by side Model 311 20 gauge. Shot my first pheasant with it TOO.

My buddies all had those Crosman 760's, I had/still have my Winchester Model 435 .177 caliber pellet gun that has killed more chipmunks, birds etc.. than I can remember.

Reactions: Floki and Sgt Fury

Isaacorps

Columbus
Crossman pump for me as well. My dad about shit when I actually came home with a rabbit 😎. A well place .177 pellet through the eye socket is lethal on bunnies lol

Reactions: Sgt Fury