Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What you do for work

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Most of my career has been in sales, marketing, and business development, then I took a detour to work in the conservation and advocacy space for a few years. Recently, I've been able to return to the business world and I work for a company in the medical industry.

In my spare time, I also work in real estate for United Country and Realtree United Country. When you're ready to buy a hunting property let me know!

In my other spare time I sometimes write articles and take pictures too. :LOL:

PSE13

Shelby
Another gravy train today lol 😂
53CFD208-2127-4A44-8BF3-60F46A5FE98C.jpeg

PSE13

Shelby
One of these ain’t like the other 😂
Haha nope! Unfortunately this has became a very common issue with vehicles that have active fuel management and cylinder deactivation. The lifters they use are weak and come apart and bend the push rod.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haha nope! Unfortunately this has became a very common issue with vehicles that have active fuel management and cylinder deactivation. The lifters they use are weak and come apart and bend the push rod.
What brands are having the issues? Specific motors or just random?

PSE13

Shelby
What brands are having the issues? Specific motors or just random?
I work at a GM dealer. So far it’s been any engine that has cylinder deactivation. Most I have replaced lifters in has had the 5.3 and today was the first time on a 6.2. GM had a bad batch of lifters they claim and supposedly had corrected it. We shall see I suppose.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I work at a GM dealer. So far it’s been any engine that has cylinder deactivation. Most I have replaced lifters in has had the 5.3 and today was the first time on a 6.2. GM had a bad batch of lifters they claim and supposedly had corrected it. We shall see I suppose.
Pretty much what my mechanic told me when I was shopping. Stay away from those which drop cylinders for mileage.

He also said on Ford and Dodge gassers to expect $2000-3000 around 100,000 miles for lifters and such. Not all, but not to be surprised if you needed cam/lifters in a used truck with over 100k miles. Just a normal maintenance issue I guess. I'm not buying GM so it isn't an issue. Just saying for @Snyder10 all three have their quirks.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Back in the 70’s and early 80’s they had cam issues. Weren’t hardened properly. Wore out prematurely. Had a recall out later but mileage cutoff and parts only covered wasn’t advantageous since labor was the majority of the cost.

PSE13

Shelby
Back in the 70’s and early 80’s they had cam issues. Weren’t hardened properly. Wore out prematurely. Had a recall out later but mileage cutoff and parts only covered wasn’t advantageous since labor was the majority of the cost.
Don’t worry camshafts are still an issue 😂

Reactions: hickslawns

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I work in hospital nursing administration. It would take all day to mention all that falls ion my lap, but the main thing I guess is overseeing patient bed placement & staffing for the nursing units. Anything from calling in helicopter flights to deaths & funeral home notifications to reporting the days events to upper management. Not to mention scheduling surgeries to assigning admits to drs. I plan on retiring next summer & I CAN"T FUCKING WAIT !!