Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse... Do I really need to say it?

Ok I will...

This thread is worthless without pictures.

How about one of Doug Flutie's daughter?!?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great, here is Jesse talking about hotties, and Gern is talking about his trouser trout at the taxi! Way to ruin it Chad! lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice pic Jesse.

That honestly is good news Chad! Sounds like the memories are going to be there for a long, long time for you and Dane!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just talked to my taxidermist. Going to pick up my trout from last year along with my son's doe and my Indiana buck from this year either tomorrow or Thursday.

Cool!

That's gotta be one heckuva bill though. Did he give you a group discount?
Just curious, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the trout? I've always contemplated a big bass or something.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How in Sam Hell did you come with a pic of Flutie's daughter? Nice , yes, but what made you think of her?

My daily check of Yahoo News lead me to it. She is now a New England Patriot cheerleader. I hate Doug Flutie BTW, but I'd savage his daughter just because!!!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I'm not sure how much the fish is....I'm thinking its around $10 per inch....that puts it around $240. As far as the group discount goes, no not really. He did charge a little less to mount the doe because he gave my son a youth discount and I already had 2 bucks there. To top it off, I have a fox that is getting a full body mount done, and I am taking those shed antlers up to him to have them mounted on a deer head also. I should be getting the fox and the Ohio buck back in a month or so.

I'm not going to mount any more deer unless they are over 150 from here on out...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well Gern, at least you will make his Christmas Card list again. lol

I am with you though. 2/3 years I have had one mounted. I am not doing anymore unless they are absolute pigs. I am going for a "Save a buck, kill a doe" campaign this year. By doing so, it will probably ensure a stud for me this year. ahaha

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Well Gern, at least you will make his Christmas Card list again. lol

I am with you though. 2/3 years I have had one mounted. I am not doing anymore unless they are absolute pigs. I am going for a "Save a buck, kill a doe" campaign this year. By doing so, it will probably ensure a stud for me this year. ahaha

What I plan to do with those big sheds is take the rack off of this deer and have the sheds mounted on it.....that will save me about $450 since the shoulder mount is already complete. It will just be a matter of swapping racks and sewing it back up.

This buck dressed out at 203 lbs, so it should match up proportion wise.

I had the same thing done 3 years ago with these 2 bucks.

Here is the original......120" 9 pointer with large body.

And here is the final product after rack change......136" 8 pointer......

Last edited:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Work gets us new laptops about every 3 years (when the warranty's expire) so I just got a new one. That means I am typing from my old one that I purchased for $50!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My Big Dog order is palletized and ready to ship out next week. This is GOOD! Should be ready to sell by the end of the week.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
It's Friday - that's always good! Looks like the weather may hold out for some yard work tomorrow and maybe some grilling! Meeting up with fellow TOO member hickslawn on Monday, should be a great weekend!