Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
IMG_20210905_145307761.jpg

Reactions: giles

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We enjoyed an unbelievable and awesome performance by two super star country acts last night in Cincinnati’s Riversbend Music arena with newcomer Elvie Shane starting the show. Travis Tritt primed the crowd with his amazing positive vibe and great music the Brooks And Dunn did what they’ve done their entire careers, KICKED ASS!!! If y’all get a chance to see this Reboot Tour, DO IT!!!
7C6811E7-A6A0-4FA2-9656-A6C1A806A168.png
28440B17-9ADC-42D4-B5E7-D0442577C24E.png
8D570D53-129F-4E18-B2D0-751007251728.jpeg
3A134F3E-E304-4E61-8AA2-40EC4D3E40DC.jpeg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
We enjoyed an unbelievable and awesome performance by two super star country acts last night in Cincinnati’s Riversbend Music arena with newcomer Elvie Shane starting the show. Travis Tritt primed the crowd with his amazing positive vibe and great music the Brooks And Dunn did what they’ve done their entire careers, KICKED ASS!!! If y’all get a chance to see this Reboot Tour, DO IT!!!View attachment 134723View attachment 134724View attachment 134725View attachment 134726
My wife and her cousin Gaby were there too.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We seen a band called Ezera Ray Hart last night. There were members from 3 different bands. Is Sugar Ray, Tonic And Better Than Ezra. I believe they came out with something to prove and did just that!
Oh and it was a free concert at the zucchini festival.

Reactions: Wildlife

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
F28B1E48-6DB7-438E-9683-D28C07878788.jpeg
2A6AF72C-A0A6-4ECE-AF25-C5898B14DF21.jpeg
A123F1CC-FFAE-4040-8769-2FBEDDDA469C.jpeg

Snakes not happy but the tree frog sure is. I was talking to my buddy on the phone while sitting on the back deck and noticed the snake on the side of a tree climbing up to a bird house. I went inside the house and told my wife about the snake and what was going on. My wife knows that you shouldn’t interfere with nature but we’ve had a lot of bluebirds nesting in these boxes and she wanted me to save them. I moved the snake to the side of the barn and opened the birdhouse to check on the inhabitants when this tree frog popped out. As soon as I slowly started to close the door, he scooted back inside. I rechecked the snake and he was headed away towards the neighbors. Not all hero’s wear capes!😂😂

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
View attachment 134793View attachment 134794View attachment 134795
Snakes not happy but the tree frog sure is. I was talking to my buddy on the phone while sitting on the back deck and noticed the snake on the side of a tree climbing up to a bird house. I went inside the house and told my wife about the snake and what was going on. My wife knows that you shouldn’t interfere with nature but we’ve had a lot of bluebirds nesting in these boxes and she wanted me to save them. I moved the snake to the side of the barn and opened the birdhouse to check on the inhabitants when this tree frog popped out. As soon as I slowly started to close the door, he scooted back inside. I rechecked the snake and he was headed away towards the neighbors. Not all hero’s wear capes!😂😂

One of our rat snakes got to one of the bird houses on the house porch and got to the little ones about a month ago. When I finally noticed the snake, it was too late. I tried to pull him out of the bird house, however he was stuck real good in the entrance way with balled up little ones already inside of him. I finally got him out, but the damage was already done. The wife was pissed, but that's 'Mother Nature' for ya.... She can be a real bitch!

Isaacorps

Columbus
View attachment 134708

Johnstown Swappers Day. Got 2 heavy duty box traps for 50. These run 60 - 65. new. And put your Box store Box traps to shame...
Nice score, Rick! Had a decent haul there myself today. Set of rattling antlers, pair of rubber boots, gas can, and an old upland jacket. All for $30 and they somehow missed charging us the $5 entry fee 🤑

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Woke up this morning, put coffee on, let the dogs out and got their food and water taken care of. Poured a cop and sat down too get on too.com….
Cell phone rang, neighbor next door calling. Answered and he was on the side of the road, truck overheated taking his daughter too school.
Got a couple jugs of water and headed his way. Got everything serviced up and he went on his way.
Had a Dr’s appointment this afternoon. I finally got into one down here, haven’t had one down here so figured it was time. Pulled into the parking lot, waited for a few as I was early. Older gentleman came walking out, his truck was down a few spots from where I was. He got into it, and a few minutes later he was getting out of it. Raised the hood and was toying around with it. I got out and was heading into the office when he asked if I could give him a jump.
I told him I had an appointment but I could afterwards. He said that he’d call someone. Sat there for a minute, walked back too my truck. Opened the door and handed him my battery jump start pack. Told him too put it into the bed when he was done.
He said he usually carried one but took it out the other day too charge it and forgot too put it back in. I had a leap of faith, took him at his word that he’d put it in the bed. I also took a picture of his license plate while walking away 😂
Got done wit the appointment, walked out. He was gone, but the jump pack was in the bed like advertised…..
There’s still honest people out there….

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
View attachment 134793View attachment 134794View attachment 134795

You see it?
20210909_185723.jpg

Big Rat Snake in the Sycamore Tree right now 😁

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
You see it?
View attachment 134973

Big Rat Snake in the Sycamore Tree right now 😁

IDK if this really deserves it's own thread or not, but I cared to give a little more prospective regarding the size of this Rat Snake that is still currently in this tree.

Granted, we have a lot of them in the area, but this guy is the biggest one I have seen yet. I have seen them as big as 10-12' long, but I believe this one is far bigger, and in diameter too.

So, I am trying to capture him when he's out of his current home, which is this mammoth Sycamore Tree near our barn. The tree leans heavily towards the barn, but it's absolute huge in size, both tall and in diameter. I'd say the tree is at least 8' round and it's not our biggest one on the property either, it's not even close. The limb the snake is in is about 16" in diameter.

Anyways, the following cellphone photographs were taken just moments ago. I would estimate that the diameter of this Rat Snake is at least 4-6" in diameter were you see him in two of the photos below, and the one that shows his shed of one of his skins. I have yet to see him out of the tree to get an idea of his total length, but I am sure that I will have the opportunity eventually.

All I can say is, he has to be the biggest one I have ever seen. He's just absolutely huge!

So, I hope you all enjoy my sharing of him, and I will try to get him on camera whenever possible, hopefully soon.

Me standing on top of my 6' step ladder to try to get a closer photo of him.

20210910_181622.jpg

Then a photo taken to show his shed skin hanging off the tree limb.

20210910_181635.jpg

And finally, me standing back to give more of an idea of how big both the tree and snake is, using the 6' step ladder as a scale.

20210910_181718.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MoonLab

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ahhh. I thought I was seeing a bee nest. Those were his scales. I guess I did see him on the first pic. I'd take bees over snakes and poison ivy. Those are my kryptonite. I'm a sissy around them. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Wildlife