Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whats your oldest camera?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20201109_095442.jpg

I still have 2 of these olbMoultries still working. This one has a cracked lens from a woodpecker but it still works.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
An old Wildgame with white flash that sounds like a rocket is about to launch everytime it takes a night pic 🤣. It might only take a dozen night pics before it kills those big batteries but it still works lol.

Reactions: Spencie

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
@TinyTucky and I talked about that this weekend. Lots of cameras have impressed me for 12 months, very few have done it for more than that. I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam from 2012 that's still kicking. Not my favorite cam, but probably the best I've ever owned due to it's longevity.

Reactions: TinyTucky

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I have a covert cam that a buddy gave me I believe 3 or 4 years ago, it’s sat out in the elements year round all those years and still works as if it were new. I think the most comparable one that make to it now is the MP16. Outside of that I run moultries and the cheap muddies and haven’t had any problems in the year I’ve ran them, but like @bowhunter1023 said, most will give you 12 months then die lol.

I've got 3 Covert Red's from about 2013 running, 1 MP6 that is about the same age and a 2014 MPE5 all still going. Key to these living so long IMO is I decided back then to put stiff rubber roofs over top of them and zip tie in place. Biggest thing that killed all my others was water getting inside. Oldest camera still kicking though is the Buckeye Cam Orion, can't recall when I got it but think it was in the late 90's?? Jesse might know better on that date as it was when he staffed for them.