Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When's your rut vacation?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm on the calendar to be off the 27th to the 11th . If we have any warm days or really heavy rains I'll go into work and save my time but at least it's on the calendar so they won't schedule any projects then.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I was thinking of doing the same thing with KYs rifle season this year. Seems like it would be a good time. I’m doing their early muzzleloader this year as well so I’ll already have the license and tag. Otherwise I’ll just be getting out as much as possible from late October on and take a couple days for gun season
I’m seriously reconsidering my Kentucky trip(s) as I learn more about how bad they were hit with EHD in that area last year. May have to postpone that little adventure for a couple years 😳

Chass

The Hills
I have an area that I'm going to hunt the first week of November when the weather is perfect as that's where I got my best pictures last year of quite a few nice bucks during daylight.
Outside of that I plan on hunting around when everyone else will be on the property I hunt for the rut.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The question is, when will the rut begin this season? I’m thinking at 7:09am October 29th. Gonna start hunting as much as I can 3 week of Oct through deer gun season. All I’ll have is weekends and a couple weeks during that time frame.
Good luck everyone and have a safe season.👍🏻

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The question is, when will the rut begin this season? I’m thinking at 7:09am October 29th. Gonna start hunting as much as I can 3 week of Oct through deer gun season. All I’ll have is weekends and a couple weeks during that time frame.
Good luck everyone and have a safe season.[emoji106]🏻
The rut will start on October 27th, my first day in the tree in Illinois [emoji23]

Outside

I try to wait it out until the second week in November. I usually fail.... I'm in the woods from 30 Sept until Thanksgiving.... Usually on weekends, regardless of the weather. Could be 85, high sun, on a full moon. Most of my deer are shot before 9 am, in the first three weeks of November.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well my plan was to be off from October 29th through November 9th. Those are my two favorite weeks in the woods. But I found out last week I have a training for work that last week of October that I just can't get out of. Oh well. I'll have to settle for just the second week. There are worse problems to have I suppose. lol

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I cant schedule any vacation per se, but I will have the wife dropping the daughter off at babysitters in the morning so I can get a few hours of stand time in starting around the week of October 22. We always have hot does with bucks bedded with them by the 25th around here.