Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

White Bass runs

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
Let’s see if I can get levi up. Kody is gonna be pissed when he finds out😂. He finally goes to hang out with a friend and I go fishing.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Cesar Creek was excellent! {back in the day} 87-91 when I was stationed at WPAFB. I got permission to fish the farm abutting Cesar Creek State Park - caught many white bass in that river/creek and agree they are good eating fresh. Plenty of area to fish within the park upstream from the lake.

Reactions: Mike

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
We found some after going to Cowan at Paint. Last stop of the day after 6 stops and 2 lakes😂. Kid never complained. Some much needed bonding time with Levi.
6F591AC8-3FD7-41F8-A995-BD868AECA349.jpeg
8DCD9B85-49F8-4ACE-9449-A558C141B481.jpeg
01ED91AD-785D-4882-976B-3FEB87E2D426.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
I've got a thought for this year. I've fished the maumee the last two or three years for white bass and think it's a hoot. I'd like to take a friend and his two boys up. We would be boat fishing. Does shrouders camp ground remain open? Or any other places we could primitive camp along there?

Bowkills

Nw oh
I think we are past that. Cottonwood is starting to fly which means catfish.
Was going to take the boy but realized plates on the gas saver are expired and theres 1 ton of mason sand in the other truck so itll be a short resivor drive in the company truck.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They're considered a nuisance fish here. Fun to catch but just something you have to get through to catch crappie. Them and the long nose gar. As a kid I remember most people would just cut their belly with a pair of shears and throw them back. They grow pretty dang big here too. I can remember catching a bunch of them about this size.

5f4659731d5fd.image.jpg

"J"

Bass Whisperer
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They're considered a nuisance fish here. Fun to catch but just something you have to get through to catch crappie. Them and the long nose gar. As a kid I remember most people would just cut their belly with a pair of shears and throw them back. They grow pretty dang big here too. I can remember catching a bunch of them about this size.

View attachment 152555
Caught a tagged one on Norman last year. About that size. Gave it too a friends kid, who was on the lake with us. Told him to report it and he might get something outta it. Yeah, he got a thank you for your report 😂