Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who all rides bikes?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I rode a 92 HD sportster for about 8 years. Sold it lst spring as I needed some cash and that was about the only thing I had to liquidate. Will have another scooter some day, just not sure when.

IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I guess you could say I ride a little. I used to ride a lot, but then life happened. Kids have been bugging me to ride all week. The one with my son and I we still have but the kids have outgrown it. $400 if anyone is interested. Bought it when Garrett was 5 days old. lol

The old Triumph I have since sold. Still have the Norton but haven't had a chance to get it out of the garage all summer. Same goes for my GasGas trials bike and KTM. Bums me out. I did ride a tractor for 12hrs today. Does that count?

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN230400010001.JPG
    Copy of DSCN230400010001.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Dscn10470001.JPG
    Dscn10470001.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN167200010001.JPG
    DSCN167200010001.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN236500010001.JPG
    DSCN236500010001.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN166200010001.JPG
    DSCN166200010001.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 225

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I used to ride my huffy all over the place. too fat and old for that now.

seriously, my wife wants me to get a harley. But I have never been that interested. I figure I have too many expensive hobbies as it is.

Kaiser878

ohio
Had a Katana 750 in college. Nothing at this point.

a Kannatuna? haha

Ive been known to throw my leg of a cylce every now and again. Last week I taught a MX school. I was at a christian camp for 4 days with 58 kids. I am still trying to catch up on sleep!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I would love to ride a bike. But have lost two friends in my life to motorcycles. Neither accident was their fault. One was my neighbor in the military. A car pulled out infront of him. He laid it down but when the bike hit it popped up and threw him over the hood, across the median, and into oncoming traffic where he was ran over. A wife and two kids at home... I saw everyday the price of a little wind in your hair can do....

Last Friday going to lunch in Columbus. Nice bike on its side. Minivan off the side too. Cops had the three lane down to one and had out the paint and measuring wheel. The ambulance drove away with no lights or siren.. Another biker not going home to his family...

I would love to ride. But No thanks.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I used to ride my huffy all over the place. too fat and old for that now.

seriously, my wife wants me to get a harley. But I have never been that interested. I figure I have too many expensive hobbies as it is.

It didn't take me long to find out that HD stood for more than Harley Davidson. It also stands for Hundreds of Dollars! lol

Jackalope said:
I would love to ride. But No thanks.
Jackalope,
That pretty much sums it up for me too. :smiley_bril:

I've had a couple of close calls, in traffic and it certainly gets your attention. I've rode everything from a scooter, Gold Wing, Magna, dirt bikes and cruisers.

However, now I ride an Old Town Vapor kayak. Great gas milage, no insurance required, no traffic issues and I catch more fish. :smiley_blink:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lot of truth here guys. I have had some "go fast" bikes and ridden several others. I sold off everything when I bought my house. That will be 13yrs ago in October. Took me a long time to start accumulating toys again. The road bike was the last I bought. Just wasn't sure I had the self discipline to ride on the road I needed. As I got married, had kids, and began to think about my actions more prior to doing them, I decided I was ready for another road bike. As you can see, my old Norton is perfect for just a cruise in the country now and then. Was it the hot rod of it's day? Sure. Compared to today's bikes though it is more like a moped. lol It will get up and scoot, but it is a classic and I just enjoy watching the heads turn when I ride it.

epe

Lancaster
I ride more now that I am out of the city, away from Columbus. Too many soccer moms on their phones.

sent from my HTC evo

epe said:
Too many soccer moms on their phones.
They are the fall of American society, as we know it. :smiley_arrogant: The only thing that could possibly rival them are women on the weekends, looking for a garage sale. Can you say, "wreckless abandon"?

"When I think of a woman, I think of a man and then I take away, reason and accountability." - Jack Nicholson

Bowhunter57